5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2008 5:50 AM by Heirloom Bob

ACR 4.5

Heirloom Bob Level 1
      I have installed ACR 4.5 into CS3. When I open RAW files, the window title says Camera Raw 4.5 but when I click on the Camera Calibration icon, it shows ACR 4.4 and ACR 2.2 and no camera profiles which was my reason for downloading in the first place. Any ideas on what I have done wrong?

Bob
        • 1. Re: ACR 4.5
          Level 1
          > it shows ACR 4.4 and ACR 2.2 and no camera profiles

RTFM...the camera profile listed in the Calibration tab has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE VERSION OF CAMERA RAW you are using...it only offers you a choice between different versions rendering (in the event the Camera Raw tam changed the color support between version) or 4.4.

If you want the new DNG Profiles, you'll need to go to Labs.Adobe.com and download the new profiles that are in beta.
          • 2. Re: ACR 4.5
            Heirloom Bob Level 1
            Thanks Jeff...I saw the DNG Profiles that were part of the ACR download but I saw nothing listed as to where or how to install them. I thought the DNG profiles had nothing to do with the camera profiles.
            Should the DNG Profiles be put into the same folder as the ACR file?
            • 3. Re: ACR 4.5
              Ramón G Castañeda Level 4
              >Should the DNG Profiles be put into the same folder as the ACR file?

No! Read the instructions. The profiles come with an installer of their own.
              • 4. Re: ACR 4.5
                Ramón G Castañeda Level 4
                Bob,

I just caught this:
                >saw the DNG Profiles that were part of the ACR download

You're confused. The Profiles do NOT come with ACR "as part as the DNG download". What comes with the ACR download is the DNG Converter, a free,stand-alone application that has NOTHING to do with profiles.

As Jeff told you:

If you want the new DNG Profiles, you'll need to go to Labs.Adobe.com and download the new profiles that are in beta.

You download them from an entirely different web site, the Labs.Adobe.com site.
                • 5. Re: ACR 4.5
                  Heirloom Bob Level 1
                  Got it done now. Thanks!!