5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2008 4:35 PM by (Ed_Porter)

Workflow Options

I'm a long time PS user but have always used Capture One for RAW conversion. I'm now trying to learn ACR 5.0 which looks to have developed into a pretty cool RAW converter with some great features. My question is - how can I save Workflow Options as defaults? I want sRGB, 16bit and 300ppi as opposed to the default RGB, 8bit, 240ppi. It seems that each time I exit ACR the Workflow Options revert to the defaults. Thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be a simple answer.

Ed
        • 1. Re: Workflow Options
          Ramón G Castañeda Level 4
          Ed Porter,

Unless this has changed in ACR 5.x, the workflow settings or ACR output settings are " sticky". Whatever you used last will come us as default the next time you use ACR.

How did you manage to get your hands on ACR 5 so fast? CS4 started shipping only today.
          • 2. Re: Workflow Options
            Level 1
            Thanks for the fast response Ramon!

Maybe things have changed or it's a glitch in the new software, but the Workflow Options are not sticky in 5.0. I have a feeling that will change with some near-future updates.

I pre-purchased CS4 about two weeks ago and downloaded the new software early this morning. PS will take a little getting used since some things have changed locations, but I'm very excited with some of the new features. Like I mentioned before - I'm a newbie to ACR so the entire program is a learning experience.

Thanks again for your response and I'll just "wait and see" what happens in the next few weeks with upgrades to resolve the non-sticky Workflow Options.

Ed
            • 3. Re: Workflow Options
              Ramón G Castañeda Level 4
              Ed,

Check out this post. Your version of ACR is already practically obsolete:

Thomas Knoll, "Camera Raw 4.5, 4.6, 5.0 and 5.1" #1, 15 Oct 2008 5:16 am
              • 4. Re: Workflow Options
                Level 1
                >
                > Maybe things have changed or it's a glitch in the new software, but the Workflow Options are not sticky in 5.0. I have a feeling that will change with some near-future updates.

I just double-checked with the last CS4 beta (no production version yet) and the
                work flow options appear to me stick on Mac/Leopard. The don't stick if you
                cancel the dialog, however.

-X
                • 5. Re: Workflow Options
                  Level 1
                  Ahh...that's what I was doing wrong. I was cancelling ACR and that is why the settings wouldn't stick. Thank you both for your input.

I knew it had to be something simple...and it was. It's all a learning experience.

Thanks again!

Ed