4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2008 9:50 AM by JimHess-8IPblY

ACR 4.3.x -- Where to download beta profiles?

I have searched my brains out, and I can't find this download. I'm still using CS3, so I need the beta profiles that work with that. Can someone give me a link to the download site?

Thank you.
        • 1. Re: ACR 4.3.x -- Where to download beta profiles?
          JimHess-8IPblY Level 3
          The beta profiles are no longer available. The final "official" profiles have been released. This is probably going to sound a little bit strange, but you need to go to the link I am providing and download the DNG converter 5.2. It is an installation package that will install the DNG converter AND the profiles you are looking for. You can always use the latest version of the DNG converter with Photoshop CS3. That is one of the benefits of the DNG format.

On the download page it will indicate that you are downloading Camera Raw and the DNG converter, but it actually only downloads the DNG converter. Nothing is mentioned about the camera profiles. This whole installation process is new with 5.2, and the whole process has been highly criticized on this forum. It seems that Adobe has not done a very good job of explaining what is going on. But just the download the file and run it. You will have the DNG converter and the profiles will be installed where they can be used by ACR 4.6. If you haven't upgraded to ACR 4.6 be sure to do so. That was the last update of ACR for Photoshop CS3.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4214&fileID=3932
          • 2. Re: ACR 4.3.x -- Where to download beta profiles?
            JimHess-8IPblY Level 3
            I just did a little more searching, and the beta profiles are still available if you want them. The profiles (beta or final) will only work with ACR 4.5 or later.

http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/DNG_Profiles
            • 3. Re: ACR 4.3.x -- Where to download beta profiles?
              Level 1
              Thanks, Jim. I installed ACR 4.6 in Photoshop CS3 and it works fine. Then installed the new beta 2 camera profiles, and they also work. Go figure ... !
              • 4. Re: ACR 4.3.x -- Where to download beta profiles?
                JimHess-8IPblY Level 3
                The beta profiles work just fine. In many instances people have reported that they see no difference between the beta and the final profiles. I installed the final profiles and deleted the beta folder. But it's all up to you.