hi, i have cs3, vista, just bought a nikon d700 and can't open my pictures in adobe bridge anymore. I shoot in raw...i tried uploading the 4.6 update and am having a VERY difficult time, is anyone available to help me or walk me through steps....i've been struggling for a few hours....thanks!!!
The easiest way to install it should be to go to the Photoshop Help menu, select Updates, and follow the instructions in the dialog boxes. That will download and install it for you.
If you want to try to install it manually, follow these steps:
1. Exit Photoshop CS3 and Adobe Bridge.
2. Open My Computer.
3. Double-click Local Disk (C:).
4. Navigate to:
(Please read directory carefully)
Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS3\File Formats
5. Move the existing Camera Raw.8bi plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure you keep this version in case you need to revert back.
6. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in,
Camera Raw.8bi, from the download into the same folder as Step 4.
7. Launch Photoshop CS3 or Adobe Bridge.
NOTE: If generic camera thumbnails appear in Adobe Bridge, follow the these steps:
1. Check to make sure the plug-in was installed in the correct directory in step 4 above.
2. Start Bridge.
3. Choose Tools > Cache > Purge Central Cache.
Important: Purging the Central Cache deletes cached thumbnail information for all folders. It also deletes labels, ratings, and rotation settings for read-only files (for example, files on a CD or locked files) or file formats that don't have XMP support.