9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2009 12:33 AM by jen0dorf

Multiple images

jen0dorf Level 1
      Hi

I'm using v5.3 Camera Raw.

If I'm in bridge and highlight three images and then select ctrl R Camera Raw opens but according to the web it should open all three images with a film strip on the left.

I don't get that film strip.

I've looked for an option to turn it on, and tried dragging from the left side but I see no strip.

Is there a workspace option I'm missing?

thanks

Ian
        • 1. Re: Multiple images
          rasworth Level 1
          The film strip pane is collapsed, find the small double vertical symbol on the lefthand border and pull to the right.

Richard Southworth
          • 2. Re: Multiple images
            jen0dorf Level 1
            Hi

Thanks for that but it's not there, clearly I'm missing some gem of information ;-)

I normally find it's down to me, but in this case I've never tried to open several files.

I'll keep hunting

cheers

Ian
            • 3. Re: Multiple images
              rasworth Level 1
              Is it just ctrl_r or does the menu command do the same thing?

Richard Southworth
              • 4. Re: Multiple images
                jen0dorf Level 1
                Hi

yes ctrl r and the button both do not show up the multiple image bar.

Really weird,

My suite did a load of updates couple of days ago, wondering if that had any effect.

Wonder if a download of the latest version and an over install might do anything?

cheers

Ian
                • 5. Re: Multiple images
                  rasworth Level 1
                  Ian,

Don't know what you mean by button - if in Bridge, and multiple images are selected in the Bridge thumbnails (borders around thumbnail images and multiple images showing in preview pane), and from the file menu click on Open in Camera Raw, do any or all images open in ACR?

Richard Southworth
                  • 6. Re: Multiple images
                    jen0dorf Level 1
                    Hi

in my bridge (CS4) there is in the top menu bar a button with three curly bits that shows the tool tip open in camera raw.

If I highlight four files only one opens regardless of which method I use to open camera raw.

cheers

Ian
                    • 7. Re: Multiple images
                      rasworth Level 1
                      Ok, found it. When I select multiple images in Bridge, and then do any of the open CR methods, ACR 5.3 opens with the multiple images on the left in a vertical filmstrip, the top image of the filmstrip is highlighted, and the top image is open in the main ACR window.

I take it you have only the one image in the main ACR window and no filmstrip on the left. I'm also running full CS4 with ACR 5.3, and all Adobe updates, 3.0.0.464 on Bridge and 11.0.1 on Photoshop.

Out of bullets, don't know what to tell you. Is there any hint of a double vertical border on the left hand side of ACR? You might also pass along your system info.

Richard Southworth
                      • 8. Re: Multiple images
                        Ramón G Castañeda Level 4
                        > You might also pass along your system info.

Yes. CLICK HERE for advice on how to ask your question correctly for quicker answers. Thanks!
                        • 9. Re: Multiple images
                          jen0dorf Level 1
                          Hi

thanks for all the advise, solved it by downloading the latest version and re installing.

Weird but at least I now see the filmstrip on the left.

cheers

Ian