4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2007 10:27 AM by (Russell_Proulx)

Do calibration scripts work with ACR 4?

Level 1
      I've used Thomas Fors and Rags Gardner's calibration scripts with PSCS2 with success. Today I installed PSCS3 and wonder if new scripts will be required or will they still work with ACR 4?

Thanks

Russell
        • 1. Re: Do calibration scripts work with ACR 4?
          Ian Lyons MVP & Adobe Community Professional
          They need to include a minor addition to the list of compatible ACR versions, otherwise they work fine.
          • 2. Re: Do calibration scripts work with ACR 4?
            Level 1
            > They need to include a minor addition to the list of compatible ACR versions

Thanks Ian. I'll be watching their sites for an update. If I knew what that "minor addition to the list of compatible ACR versions" is I could even try my hand at Java scripting :-)

I attended Jeff Tranberry's scripting session at PhotoshopWorld Boston and was surprised to learn that it's not as hard as it sounds.

Cheers,

Russell
            • 3. Re: Do calibration scripts work with ACR 4?
              Level 1
              > "If I knew what that "minor addition to the list of compatible ACR versions" is I could even try my hand at Java scripting"

Here is a small part of the Thomas Fors script. It is quite close to the top. You can see the bit I added to make it work with 4.0: I did it with notepad.

if ( this.version == "3.1" )
              supported = true;

if ( this.version == "3.2" )
              supported = true;

if ( this.version == "3.3x43" )
              supported = true;

if ( this.version == "3.3" )
              supported = true;

if (this.version == "3.4x89")
              supported = true;

if ( this.version == "4.0" )
              supported = true;
              • 4. Re: Do calibration scripts work with ACR 4?
                Level 1
                Thanks Barry, that was easy :-)

When I first opened ACR4 I saw all the new features and feared the calibration scripts would no longer work. But on closer inspection I see that the Calibration pane has the same settings as before except for the new coloured adjustment bars and looser layout.

The Thomas Fors script appears to work fine (with the version version "4.0" tweak) and the Rags Gardner script works as-is. I didn't wait for either of them to complete (approx. 20 minutes) but it looked like they were working just fine.

Thanks again!

Russell