2 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2007 8:13 AM by Bill_Janes

converter not seeing nef's

hi,
      I have students that have nikon D200s (as well as other cameras) which produces NEF raw files.
      we are still working on photoshop CS on imac intel 10.4.9.
      I tried to update the converter to 4.0 while keeping the plugin on 2.4 and it seemed to work on one computer but has now stopped and when i tried to recreate it on another it just dident work at all.
      what am i missing/doing wrong?
      please help, must pacify angry students ;)
        • 1. Re: converter not seeing nef's
          Ramón G Castañeda Level 4
          >just dident work at all.

What happens when you try? What error message do you get?

Are you sure you're pointing the converter to a folder, not individual images?
          • 2. Re: converter not seeing nef's
            Bill_Janes Level 2
            >have students that have nikon D200s (as well as other cameras) which produces NEF raw files. we are still working on photoshop CS on imac intel 10.4.9.
            >I tried to update the converter to 4.0 while keeping the plugin on 2.4 and it seemed to work on one computer but has now stopped and when i tried to recreate it on another it just dident work at all.
            what am i missing/doing wrong?

As I recall, D200 support in ACR was not added until ACR ver 3.3, which was released in January 2006. ACR works only with host applications that were shipping at the time of its release, and I don't think that ver 3.3 is supported in Photoshop CS. You will either have to upgrade PS or use the DNG converter to convert the NEFs to DNG, which can be processed by the old camera raw.