2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2007 9:22 PM by (Marita_Romine)

Unable to download plug ins

I use Windows XP, I have both Photoshop 7.0 and Elements 4.0. I've been trying to download plugins for my Canon EOS Rebel to access RAW (Cr2) files and every time I download I get an error message either that the file is corrupted or that the ZIP extractor cannot open it. I've disabled both my anti virus and malware software to no avail. I cannot access any fo the downloadable files from Adobe. Any suggestions? Thanks!
      Brenda
        • 1. Re: Unable to download plug ins
          Ramón G Castañeda Level 4
          Are you referring to Adobe Camera Raw Plug-ins?

If so, you should know that there is no ACR plug-in available any more that will work with Photoshop 7.x. (As an aside, you should apply the free and mandatory 7.0.1 update ASAP. It fixes many bugs.)

ACR 1.x was available for purchase when Photoshop 7.0.1 was current, but it only supported a handful of cameras anyway. It was never free and it was withdrawn as soon as Photoshop 8 was released.

You're not accidentally downloading the Mac version of the plug-ins, are you? Sorry, other than that I have no suggestions. I don't do Windows. :(
          • 2. Re: Unable to download plug ins
            Brenda, make sure you have the correct plug in for your camera AND for your version of PSE (3.7 for PSE4). Good luck!
            http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3584