This content has been marked as final. Show 8 replies
It sounds like Photoshop Elements 4.01 is not quite ready yet...
Mark Dahm, "Adobe Camera Raw Plugin for Photoshop Elements 4" #10, 19 Apr 2007 5:40 pm
Which camera is your NEF file from? You may be able to use the DNG Converter right now while waiting for the 4.01 update.
Support for the Nikon D50 was added in Camera Raw 3.2. So it should work with 3.2, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6 or 3.7. Which version of Camera Raw do you have installed now? You may need to manually download and install Camera Raw 3.7. You can find it at
To install with Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0:
1. Exit Photoshop Elements and Adobe Bridge
2. Open the Finder
3. Navigate to the root of the local disk (not the user's home folder).
4. Navigate to: (Please read directory carefully)
Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS2/File Formats
5. Move the existing plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure you keep this version in case you need to revert back.
6. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw, from the download into the same folder as in Step 4.
7. Launch Photoshop Elements or Adobe Bridge.
Thanks, but I already know how to install it. Once it's installed it doesn't recognize the raw file type.
ACR 4.1 does NOT work with Elements 4.0 on the Macintosh. You're going to have to update to Elements 4.0.1 when it's available.
Check the Elements forum.
I missed that you said it works with 3.7. Sorry about that!
3.7 is the version you should be using with Photoshop Elements 4. When Elements 4.01 comes out you can then update to Camera Raw 4.1
Thanks for your help. Now the big question is, when is PSE 4.01 coming out?
I have not seen a date announced. We'll post a note in the Forums as soon as I hear it is available.