7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2007 10:11 PM by Ramón G Castañeda

Batch Processing Issues - RAW to JPEG in CS3

Hi folks,

I recently upgraded to CS3 form CS2. Over the weekend, I spent several hours tweaking/adjusting about 200 RAW images in Bridge, that I need to convert to JPGs. I used a Photoshop Batch action that I created some time back in CS2 to convert the images from RAW ("Save As" as JPG), but it didn't include any of the adjustments that I made to the images during the conversion process, because I had Ignore/Suppress Open Dialog checked. I unchecked that, and re-ran the action but am now being prompted to open each image. I then modified the action to include the "Open" command. Running the script now still doesn't quite seem to work as I'd expected. The only adjustment that is incorporated is cropping, but it doesn't process any of the tonal/color balance adjustments. All images have the modification icon on them, indicating that changes were made, but the Photoshop Batch command isn't incorporating them when opened via the Batch Processing command. Any suggestions on how to get this to work?

I'm also very open to any other suggestions one may have on converting adjusted Camera RAW images to JPEG.

Thanks,

Kappabear
        • 1. Re: Batch Processing Issues - RAW to JPEG in CS3
          Level 1
          FYI - I was able to solve this problem myself, by poking around in CS3 preferences. By going to "File Handling" and clicking on "Prefer Adobe Camera Raw for JPEG Files", I was able to have Photoshop process the adjustments that I made in Bridge, when launched from a Batch action.
          • 2. Re: Batch Processing Issues - RAW to JPEG in CS3
            Level 1
            > I'm also very open to any other suggestions one may have on converting adjusted Camera RAW images to JPEG.

In Bridge - Tools/Photoshop/Image Processor

-phil
            • 3. Re: Batch Processing Issues - RAW to JPEG in CS3
              LRK 2 Level 2
              Listen to Phil. He knows. Since Phil directed me to Image Processor my workflow has improved. I think about him every time I use it, and I'm using it right now! :)
              • 4. Re: Batch Processing Issues - RAW to JPEG in CS3
                Level 1
                Thanks Phil. In all the billion times that I've used Photoshop, I've never used "Image Processor". In fact, I don't even remember seeing it! Much appreciated.

Kappabear
                • 5. Re: Batch Processing Issues - RAW to JPEG in CS3
                  I am having the same issue as the user above (kappabear)... I am going to try the same options that PShock (Phil) gave...but what if I need to call someone for assistance..(I'll even pay for support, because when I called Adobe...they had no idea of what I was talking about)... Is there someone that can give pay support???

I too just upgraded to CS3 and have a wedding to get out today, and 700 images to save from RAW to JPG with many changes... Problem, I have a 6:00 am flight to catch in the morning and I still need to pack.. (ANY HELP from ANYONE would be greatly appreciated..)
                  • 6. Re: Batch Processing Issues - RAW to JPEG in CS3
                    Level 1
                    <Ron_Spencer_III@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3bc414dc.4@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />>I am having the same issue as the user above (kappabear)... I am going to <br />>try the same options that PShock (Phil) gave...but what if I need to call <br />>someone for assistance..(I'll even pay for support, because when I called <br />>Adobe...they had no idea of what I was talking about)... Is there someone <br />>that can give pay support???<br />><br />> I too just upgraded to CS3 and have a wedding to get out today, and 700 <br />> images to save from RAW to JPG with many changes... Problem, I have a 6:00 <br />> am flight to catch in the morning and I still need to pack.. (ANY HELP <br />> from ANYONE would be greatly appreciated..)<br /><br />Ron,<br />Due to news server propagation time issues, I'm seeing your post before the <br />original one.  I'm guessing others may be experiencing the same thing.<br /><br />Normally, I'd just wait for the earlier post to show up, but you're in a <br />hurry.  If you post again, and include enough of the post you are replying <br />to, you may get more responses before your flight in the morning.<br />-- <br />Mike Russell  - www.curvemeister.com
                    • 7. Re: Batch Processing Issues - RAW to JPEG in CS3
                      Ramón G Castañeda Level 4
                      >Normally, I'd just wait for the earlier post to show up,

That "earlier post" is the original post in this thread, and it was posted on June 4, 2007. :/

Post #4, also by the original poster was dated June 7.

Post #5, dated today, is Ron's only post so far.