3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2007 8:44 AM by (Ivan_Mervillie)

ACR 4.1 RGB read-out on IntelMac

Level 1
      Hi,

On my IntelMac ACR 4.1 doesn't display the RGB read-outs (underneath the histogram). Well, it is to say when I move the cursor over the image, the RGB read-outs do show the corresponding values but only for a very very brief moment, not long enough to read them. When I hold still the cursor, I get no read-out at all.

This only occurs on my MacBook Pro (2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo) and not on my PowerMac (2.7 GHz Power PC G5 Dual). On the PowerMac the read-outs work fine. Both Macs are running Mac OS X 10.4.9 and the ACR preferences are set the same on both machines.

I admint it's not that big a problem but it is annoying nevertheless. Is there anyone else who has noticed this and who has found a sollution?

Cheers,
      Ivan
        • 1. Re: ACR 4.1 RGB read-out on IntelMac
          adriana ohlmeyer Adobe Employee
          Hi Ivan,

What files are you using and from what camera? Thanks!

Adriana
          • 2. Re: ACR 4.1 RGB read-out on IntelMac
            adriana ohlmeyer Adobe Employee
            Did you perform any rotations, any type of edit in this file, like correcting the WB, etc?
            • 3. Re: ACR 4.1 RGB read-out on IntelMac
              Level 1
              Hi Adriana,

Thanks for your reply. I'm working with NEF's from a Nikon D2x and a Nikon D200.

But I'm afraid I made a wrong observation yesterday. The problem still stands but contrary to what I wrote, it is in-depended of the mac I use and also in-depended of the camera. And it doesn't make a difference if I do some editing on the picture or not.

What I found out today is that when I open an file in ACR immediately after import the RGB read-out doesn't show (on both macs). On the other hand when I close down Bridge after import, open it again and double click one of the imported images to open it in ACR, the RGB read-out works efficiently (also on both macs).

Strange but not really a deal-breaking shortcoming. It would be nice though to hear if other people with the same configuration as I encounter the same problem or not. It would be even stranger if it were only me.

Ivan