1 2 Previous Next 53 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2007 4:49 PM by Hudechrome-sd9sPI

CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?

I'm having a major issue with CS3/ACR in that bridge seems to be changing my saved, ready for print JPGs that I do not want altered! This may be happening to many of you and you just haven't noticed yet? Or maybe I'm crazy?

An example would be that if I access a directory of finished/ready for print JPGs from another computer or hard drive on my network in bridge, bridge starts changing those saved JPGs to my computer's ACR settings! Mainly what I'm noticing is a major color temperature shift.

If you want to test this on your own computer, try the following exactly:

1. Open CS3 bridge and access a folder of processed, "ready for print" JPGs.
      2. Next make sure you're CS3 bridge window is NOT maximized (I'll explain importance of this in next step).
      3. Now with several thumbnails in front of you (make sure they are a reasonable size), drag the right side of your bridge window back and forth slowly.
      4. As you drag/stretch the side of the bridge window you'll notice that you're thumbnails will switch to a lower quality thumbnail (which isn't the problem) but notice the color temperature is much much different in this version. In my case, the color temperature is what my original, finished file was. When you let go or stop dragging/stretching you'll see what bridge/acr has applied to you're already saved JPG without asking permission to do so.

Not sure what everyone else will see when they try this but my issue is that my file colors turn greenish yellow compared to my perfectly white balanced original JPG that I can see when doing this window stretch technique.

Am I crazy or is this just a low quality quick thumbnail that I'm seeing? Even if that is true my JPG is definitely still being changed because it's clearly noticable in how off the white balance becomes once bridge gives me my thumbnail. And believe me these aren't just previews, if I go on to another computer in my office and open the same file in CS2 instead of CS3, the file is the version that CS3 bridge/ACR changed!

I went into all preference settings and unchecked any file handling associated with ACR but I see no changes at all. Any help or am I imagining this?

Thanks for listening.
        • 1. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
          Ramón G Castañeda Level 4
          Weston,

Sorry if my reply doesn't help. I only read the beginning of your long-winded post.

Command U/Command R toggles auto adjustments on and off in ACR, or you can UNCHECK the auto adjustment box in ACR Preferences under the Bridge menu.

You can also uncheck the boxes to open JPEGs in ACR in three places (do it in all of them): Bridge Preferences, ACR Preferences and Photoshop Preferences.

Hope this helps.

---

Next time, please give details about your setup. I don't even know if you're on a Mac or Windows.

Click here for advice on how to ask your question correctly for quicker answers. Thanks!
          • 2. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
            Level 1
            Hi Ramon,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I've already done all of the preference changes you mentioned in ACR, Bridge, and PS; that I'm certain of. Did you try the 4 steps I listed? I would try that and see if you get what I'm talking about. I would really appreciate if you tried for my sake just to confirm whether or not this is specific to me.

Thanks!
            Weston
            • 3. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
              No, I tried nothing. Your post is too long, and I don't deal with JPEGs.

And I would have to be deranged to (a) not have Bridge spread out over my two monitors, or (b) "drag the right side of your bridge window back and forth slowly."

Are you sure you updated to Bridge 2.1?
              • 4. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                If your problem is with Bridge, you should be posting in the Adobe Bridge forum for the platform of your choice, Macintosh or Windows, not here.
                • 5. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                  Level 1
                  Okay, now you pissed me off...Ramon, forgive me but why are YOU posting here if you aren't going to help people and share information? This forum is to help people. The only reason my post is so long is to thoroughly describe 1. My issue and 2. How to reproduce it, and why.

Secondly I purposely posted in the ACR forum because it gets much more traffic than the bridge forum, therefore furthering my chances of finding an answer to my question. Also, it is half a bridge problem and half an ACR related problem so I'd say it qualifies, Captain of the Forum Police.

You should have a little more respect and just move on if you aren't interested in helping someone because their post is too detailed for your selfish attitude and A.D.D.

Go brag with your snobby mouth to someone who cares about your dual monitors. God knows I don't care I have 3 workstations all equipped with dual monitors; the point of not maximizing the bridge window was to reproduce the issue I was having. You don't "deal" with JPEGs? Do you realize how snooty you sound? You don't even know how ignorant you sound given that I shoot RAW and use JPEGs for online proofing.

And yes I'm running the latest version of bridge, 2.1. Get a new attitude and call me in the morning.
                  • 6. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                    Ann Shelbourne Level 1
                    Weston:

You come here asking for help and then make yourself more than offensive to someone who might have been able to help you.

Not too likely to encourage anyone else to help you either.

I could but, in light of the above, I have decided not to.
                    • 7. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                      Again: No, I don't deal with JPEGs. I do not deal with the web at all. That's the truth. It has nothing to do with "snottiness", and it has everything with not needing the compression and accompanying degradation of the image.

No need to think in terms of RAW v. JPEG either, that is not the issue.

I've hated JPEGs ever since I started using Photoshop as my digital darkroom with scanned film negatives.

>drag the right side of your bridge window back and forth

That's meaningless since neither I nor you know how our respective Bridge workspaces are laid out. CLICK HERE

The advice to post in the Bridge forum for the platform of your choice stands. The Bridge engineers drop in occasionally over there.

This is in no way an explanation, which I don't owe you, much less an apology.

Click here for advice on how to ask your question correctly for quicker answers. Thanks!
                      • 8. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                        I just tried a bunch of JPEGs in a folder in Bridge, and I could not see any such color shift. Nor are any "unwanted adjustments" applied to them. :\ :/
                        • 9. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                          Level 1
                          Ann...Why are you getting on my case when Ramon brought on my reaction from his initial rude post? Did you not read his post first before deciding not to help me? Besides, the way things are going I would be astonished if Ramon could actually help me. He can't even follow 4 simple instructions and then ridicules someone in need because their post is "too long" and then states that he won't try the steps at all and that I'd have to be deranged not to have bridge spread across two monitors. (read his posts on the prior page)

Ramon, I appreciate your continued help despite our communication spat. However I still don't think you've read my post regarding the 4 steps to recreating the issue in detail. It has nothing to do with people's custom workspaces at all.

Simply stated, you can't have bridge fully maximized if you want to drag the sides of the window to recreate what I'm stating. If you can't figure out how to take your bridge window out of fully maxmized view then I don't know what else to say. "Meaningless?", I think I'm in the twilight zone, I repeat, read my first post again and follow the steps.

The steps are simply a little trick that I came across in order to demonstrate how bridge appears to be applying unwanted ACR settings to JPGs. If you drag back and forth you'll see bridge attempt to redraw/refresh the thumbnails. You should notice a color shift and pixelated version of the thumbnail while doing the drag. This version is what the JPGs originally looked like and what I wanted them to go to print as (in terms of color temp, not preview quality).

Thanks for the lesson in JPG image degradation and compression, I would've never realized had you not told me (scoff) haha.
                          • 10. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                            Weston,

If you weren't so preoccupied with your obviously very fragile ego, you may have given some further thought to my first post and you would have figured out what's happening from the start.

There are three dialog boxes where you can cause JPEGs to be processed by ACR (Photoshop's Preferences, ACR Preferences and Bridge Preferences). And there is one where you define whether you want auto adjustments applied or not. As I said, Command U and Command R toggle that setting off and on.

There is another preference where you make the choice to have high quality thumbnails created (1) always, or (2) only when you click on them to open them or (3) never. That would explain the shifts you claim to be seeing in the thumbnails.

Purge the cache for each folder for any of those to take effect.

Now, ACR adjustments are never applied to the JPEG image itself unless and until you re-save the file as something else. In the meantime, they're only in Metadata, as ACR manipulates ONLY the Metadata, not the pixels until you save the image as something else.

Those changes to the Metadata can be instantly stripped by going to the Edit menu in Bridge: Edit > Develop Settings > Clear settings.

If you move (copy or relocate) those files that have been wittingly or unwittingly adjusted in ACR by you without clearing the Settings, the adjustments follow along with them in the (invisible) sidecar files. If you do the "Clear Settings" thing first, then your original JPEGs will come through with NO adjustments whatsoever.

Since you posted here in the platform-agnostic Adobe Camera Raw forum and have given no details about your setup (at least as far as I can tell in all that verbiage), rather than in the Bridge forum for the platform of your choice, I still don't know whether you are on a Mac or on Windoze, much less any specifics about your video card and settings.

One thing that has proven true over and over in these forums, that the more virulent the rant, the more likelihood there is that user error is behind it.

Common sense and the link I provided regarding how to ask questions dictate that concise posts are more likely to catch the attention of folks who can help you. That's why I commented on your long-winded post.

No one has any obligation to respond to any question. Those of us who do, are trying to help. Most of the time we succeed. Yet I know that I can't please everybody. I'm not out to please anybody, just to help as many users as I possibly can. You are among those I could never please.

>the JPGs originally looked like and what I wanted them to go to print

See? I'm not forced to convert any of my files to JPEGs to have them printed. What I don't print myself I send out to halfway decent labs that can handle TIFFs and other non-compressed files. And I don't concern myself with the web. That's why I don't deal with JPEGs. So what?
                            • 11. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                              Level 1
                              Believe me, it's not my ego, it's my quest to let people know when they're being disrespectful because they can hide behind a keyboard and avoid the real confrontation that it brings on. I figure if I let them know maybe they won't act like that with the next person. Granted I wish I held my tongue on a lot of things because I acted just as bad in the end; basically letting you get the best of me. And it definitely wasn't worth all my time or effort since I solved the issue on my own anyway lol.

Again though, as much as I sense you're underlying manipulative arrogance, I do appreciate the efforts that you did put forth. Hopefully they weren't in vain just for the sake of looking intelligent for your cheerleader, Ann. That was a good one, I crack myself up.

If it means anything your last post detailed a lot of good information, thanks.

However you broke adobe forums "netiquette" by using aggressive oversized red text and I felt very threatened by your tone, lol. My wife is cracking up at our arguing (adobe sends each post to her inbox). Anyway it's late, no hard feelings, apologies if I offended you. I don't like being at odds with people, even a stranger. Thanks again for your help. By the way I would love to see some of your work sometime, oh wait, you don't concern yourself with the web. hahahahaha!!!
                              • 13. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                Level 1
                                <Weston_Boucher@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3bc44b79.10@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Believe me, it's not my ego, it's my quest to let people know when they're <br />> being disrespectful ...<br /><br />Weston,<br /><br />I think you deserve a positive response.  Like many on the Internet, this is <br />a very clannish group.<br /><br />A number of the regulars here - and that includes people of remarkable <br />expertise - feel that you need to earn your chops by being knocked around a <br />bit when you ask your first question.<br /><br />You are eating cherries with princes simply by posting here, and you will <br />get the pits spat in your face.  I wish it were otherwise, and have said so <br />a number of times over the years, but that's just the way it is.<br /><br />Congratulations on solving the problem, and consider yourself initiated into <br />the first of many outer circles of the ACR brotherhood.  Now that you have <br />been initiated at least to the outer circle, I hope you will not be <br />discouraged from participating further.<br />-- <br />Mike Russell  - www.curvemeister.com
                                • 14. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                  Hudechrome-sd9sPI Level 2
                                  Good reading for my morning coffee!

The Bridge-ACR-Photoshop relationships via check boxes are much to convoluted from my perspective. The language is terrible in that one place uses "prefers" and another "Always" for the same function. Now, in my parlance, Always trumps prefers, so what's really going on? If the answers were simply observable in instant behavior changes, perhaps the traps could be caught and corrected.

I took a look at my own settings while reading through this, and Ramon, thank you for going on in spite of your psychological overlay and judgement on poor Weston, because you seem to have the system well in hand, and know how to avoid the traps.

I would offer that the problems accrue tiffs as well as jpegs, so you really don't have to deal with jpegs specifically if you don't want to, unless jpegs actually do behave differently in this cascade of interactions.

In any case, these interactions need to be revisited and codified in one place. If opening a file in PS can or will be affected by metadata in ACR, or has the potential to do so, then any file handling choices need to be automatically related to each other in such a fashion that the general user can make intelligent, reliable choices at the outset.
                                  • 15. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                    Level 1
                                    Thanks for the post Mike; it's nice to know I'm not totally crazy thus far in my impressions of the vibe in this thread. Thanks for the assurance that things may get better with the more I post haha. Although I'm hesitant at this point with this experience. I posted a couple years back and it was a similar situation. It'll definitely be a last resort from now on.

Lawrence - Thanks for your input as well, hopefully Adobe will simplify the wording and multiple instances of this issue on so many menus.

Take care guys! Thanks again.
                                    Weston
                                    • 16. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                      It takes two to tangle. From the link below (by a forum Host):

* Do not be abusive or aggressive in your tone

An aggressive or abusive sounding post will often evoke an aggressive or abusive and unhelpful reply.

Remember, you are requesting Help from other users, just like you, who are giving their time free of charge. No-one is under any obligation to answer your question.

In any event, the solution to the OP was given, in abbreviated form, in post #1.

• 17. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                        I don't believe he was at all aggressive or abusive in the original post. Frustrated, yes.

He even said thanks.

Sometimes abuse, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. was subject to a horrible screaming attack, on Christmas Eve, even, for being abusive, which was completely bewildering, until I found out my attacker was bi polar and in the extreme negative position. Nontheless, it still reverberates in my psyche. I try to remember that when it appears that a post, especially a new one, seems out of sort.

That's me, anyway!:D
                                        • 18. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                          No, not in the OP. In post #5, before all the unpleasantness started.
                                          • 19. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                            For you, yes, for him, no.

The eye of the beholder, I guess.

He didn't post his solution, I see. Since he said he already did what you suggested, something else transpired, which I would like to know. Probably the most critical key to problem solving in computers is complete information. The stuff I have to deal with at work certainly underscores this. I would hate to add up all the wasted hours that could have been put to productive use had the information been complete. Without it, it's damn hard to know what you don't know, let alone know it!
                                            • 20. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                              Level 1
                                              "Again: No, I don't deal with JPEGs. I do not deal with the web at all. That's the truth. It has nothing to do with "spottiness", and it has everything with not needing the compression and accompanying degradation of the image."

Ramon, you arrogance is stifling. If you're too self-proclaimed good, or too self-proclaimed pro to "deal" with JPGs and you don't "deal" with the Web why in the heck did you bother to reply to the OP's question? Why constantly pollute the forum with your unhelpful personality? Besides self-aggrandizement what are you accomplishing?
                                              • 21. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                                Who are you and why you butting in, little Joseph?

Read the whole thread. If you still have a beef with me, take it outside.

I dealt with the question because I knew exactly what the problem was: user error.

And I'm never in the mood to read long diatribes from clueless individuals who create their own messes, then come here whining and crying "bug!", given directions for endless contortions to reproduce their error.

No, I don't deal with JPEGs nor with the web, but I did know exactly what his problem was. I still don't see what the big deal about not dealing with the web or with JPEGs is.

I just told him the facts and why.

Are the people who do deal with them ashamed of doing so? Why on Earth so?

Are you also going to feel threatened when I tell you that I don't ride bikes or wear leotards?

I'm blunt, honest and straight-talking. I've always been like that, I'll be like that until I die.

> "Again: No, I don't deal with JPEGs. I do not deal with the web at all. That's the truth. It has nothing to do with "spottiness", and it has everything with not needing the compression and accompanying degradation of the image."

Yes, that is true. It's a simple fact.

The arrogance is in your head and in your heart when you show up here just for the purpose of picking a fight, little Joe.

You wouldn't dare say that to my face or to anybody's face, and as a middle septuagenarian I would not hesitate to punch you in the nose if you did.

A search of all the forums reveals you to have posted a total of 26 (twenty six, wow!) posts without ever having helped anybody. A search for my name yields nearly 7,500 active posts, and several thousand more of my posts have scrolled off already. There are hundreds of posts by others thanking me over the years, and many, many users have contacted me privately by email to thank me personally.

The forum search also reveals that, other than in this platform-agnostic Camera Raw forum, you have only posted in Windows forums, so you wouldn't have a way of judging my interventions in the Adobe Macintosh forums, where I do the bulk of my postings.

Well, guess what? Just like JPEGs and the web, I have no use for Windows either. Zilch. That's also just a fact; if you want to construe this as arrogance too, I frankly couldn't care less. It's entirely your problem.
                                                • 22. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                                  My goodness, this is a veritable gift from heaven! Jack Joseph, Jr., I just visited your home page and learned you are a sports photographer.

Man, this is just too good to pass up: you'll be thrilled to learn that I don't deal with sports either! I have never paused to look at a sports photograph in my entire, long life and I have not been to a sports event since the mid 1940s.

In the 1960s I went to the Astrodome in Houston to look at it because it was quite the architectural novelty, being a covered stadium and all that. I watched less than an inning of whatever game was going on, strolled through the facilities making photographs, and repeatedly stopped at the concession stands for some delicious hot dogs.

Now that's just a fact. If you want to see "arrogance" in someone not being a sports fan, that's just your problem too.

So chill out young man, don't take offense at people who have other interests, talk differently and write differently than you do.
                                                  • 23. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                                    [Deleted message emailed directly to addresee by poster]
                                                    • 24. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                                      Level 1
                                                      Ramon, you've unmasked yourself as no one else could. Although it confirms
                                                      a lot of what I suspected, I am still disappointed with the level of threat
                                                      and contempt that you show toward other people on this forum who you
                                                      scarcely know. FWIW, I will continue to expect the best from you, and hope
                                                      that you will change your ways.

Mike Russell - www.curvemeister.com
                                                      • 25. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                                        >you've unmasked yourself

As wysiwyg as you can hope, I have never worn a mask, Russell. Never will either.

I won't ask you where the hell you perceive a "level of threat". That is your problem, not mine.

Perhaps you are the supremely intolerant type who feels "threatened" by anybody or anything that doesn't fit in your neat little world. So, because I don't deal with web, JPEGS, sports, bikes or leotards you perceive a threat.

It figures.
                                                        • 26. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                                          This is a perfect example of not seeing the forest for the trees. Hint: Personal preferences concerning jpeg, web or sports NOT the issue, Ramon. It has no validity to answering the question, unless you are advertising your discount factor, which you have on more than one occasion when answering questions about PC problems, effectively bringing your expertise on the matter to near zero. In which case, 23 skidoo!
                                                          • 27. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                                            Do you realize how often you use "This is a perfect example" in your posts, Lawrence? Your idea of perfection must be pretty loose. :D
                                                            • 28. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                                              Two bugs in a rug, I guess, Ramon. I think the other Castanada would have both of us pegged in a heartbeat!

Anyway, thanks for the tip! Maybe I'm so close to perfection that it is has become commonplace.:D
                                                              • 29. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                                                Ann Shelbourne Level 1
                                                                >I'm so close to perfection that it is has become commonplace>

Lawrence:

Please don't head off to Nirvana just yet then!

:)
                                                                • 30. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                                                  LOL!

No, I intend to be a perfectly annoying person for a while yet!
                                                                  • 31. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                                                    Level 1
                                                                    <Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3bc44b79.24@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />><br />>      you've unmasked yourself<br />><br />> As wysiwyg as you can hope, I have never worn a mask, Russell. Never will <br />> either.<br />><br />> I won't ask you where the hell you perceive a "level of threat". That is <br />> your problem, not mine.<br /><br />You talked about punching someone in the face that you do not even know.<br /><br />> Perhaps you are the supremely intolerant type who feels "threatened" by <br />> anybody or anything that doesn't fit in your neat little world. So, <br />> because I don't deal with web, JPEGS, sports, bikes or leotards you <br />> perceive a threat. <<br /><br />Just look at what you are saying.  Why are you talking about leotards, <br />bikes, and sports?  No one mentioned these except you, and it has nothing to <br />do with the original post.<br /><br />> It figures.<br /><br />Ramon,  You are  posting over and over to a thread that has been answered, <br />just for the sake of taking a shot at people who you perceive as being <br />critical of you.  I think this is beyond the pale, and I can't imagine what <br />is motivating you to do this.<br /><br />I'm familiar with your posts for years now, and this behavior is unusual on <br />your part.  In one case, on another thread, you simply quoted filenames as <br />showing that the person was using windows.  Where is that coming from?  How <br />is that remotely helpful?  It's scaring away newbies, and is destructive of <br />the group.<br /><br />You've got the technical expertise to be useful in this group, and have <br />proven yourself, over the years to be capable of doing so.  Please help, or <br />not, but do so without insulting and hurting people who come here for help, <br />who do not know you, and mean you no harm.<br /><br />I'll stand back now and leave this be for the time being - but Ramon, please <br />take a look at what you are doing.  I know how helpful you can be, and this <br />is not like you.<br />-- <br />Mike Russell  - www.curvemeister.com
                                                                    • 32. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                                                      Level 1
                                                                      Lawrence...Sorry I didn't post my solution to the problem. What the problem was that on my wife's computer CS3 had a cache problem as well as all the settings having to be cleared on certain JPG directories. What we did was purge the cache in bridge and then did a "select all" of all the JPGs in question, right-clicked, and selected "clear settings" from the develop settings menu. Ramon helped me to start thinking of possible ways to fix it. I kind of feel bad that he's getting all ganged up on in here now but honestly I think it's well deserved and will ultimately be a good thing for him to realize that there's better ways of communicating.

However now I'm realizing another problem regarding something similar but with RAW files specifically. I've been posting replies along with some other people with the same problem in the Bridge Forums. I'm trying to get my in-camera shot to appear in CS3 bridge as shot, but no matter what I change in bridge and acr it still applies what it wants and alters my original image once highlighted in bridge or opened in ACR. See post if interested...

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc344ac/3
                                                                      • 33. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                                                        Herr Scheißkopfkurvenmeister Russell,
                                                                        >In one case, on another thread, you simply quoted filenames as
                                                                        showing that the person was using windows.

Quite the contrary. In that thread the poster was a Macintosh user who had unwittingly, inadvertently and mistakenly downloaded a Windows version of the ACR plug-in and installed it on his Macintosh version of Photoshop.

Pointing out that an extension was a dead giveaway for the file being a Windows file is 100% helpful, pertinent and relevant.

Your failure to grasp that underscores your incomparable stupidity.

There is absoluty nothing I can do about your IQ.
                                                                        • 34. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                                                          Since you're apparently using a newsreader, Russell, I hereby bring to your attention that I edited my previous reply to you as follows (newsreader users do not see the edits in posts):

Herr Scheißkopfkurvenmeister Russell,

In one case, on another thread, you simply quoted filenames as showing that the person was using windows.

Quite the contrary. In that thread the poster was a Macintosh user who had unwittingly, inadvertently and mistakenly downloaded a Windows version of the ACR plug-in and installed it on his Macintosh version of Photoshop.

Pointing out that an extension was a dead giveaway for the file being a Windows file is 100% helpful, pertinent and relevant.

Your failure to grasp that underscores your incomparable stupidity.

There is absoluty nothing I can do about your IQ.
                                                                          • 35. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                                                            Ann Shelbourne Level 1
                                                                            > I'm trying to get my in-camera shot to appear in CS3 bridge as shot, but no matter what I change in bridge and acr it still applies what it wants and alters my original image once highlighted in bridge or opened in ACR. See post if interested... >

Check your Camera Raw Preferences (in the BridgeCS3 menu) and turn-off anything to do with applying "Auto" settings.
                                                                            • 36. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                                                              Peter DL Level 1
                                                                              Ramon wrote:
                                                                              >> Herr Scheißkopfkurvenmeister Russell, <<

Literal translation:
                                                                              Mr. ********-curvemaster Russel,

Though the more correct back-translation for ******** would have been Scheißkerl.
                                                                              Anyway.

Ramon, - whatever your problem is, your recent contributions make perfectly clear that you should ask for professional help if not too late anyway.

Peter

--
                                                                              • 37. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                                                                Peter,

Ob der Russell ein rightiger Scheißkerl oder lediglich ein Scheißkopf ist, weiß ich natürlich nicht. Mir ist lediglich sein geringer Verstand aufgefallen. Ich weiß überhaupt nicht, ob er ein echter Kerl ist oder nicht.

Daß Sie sich über meinen geistigen Zustand Sorgen machen, finde ich fast berührend und bedanke mich dafür. :) Ich bin aber völlig ausgeruht und mit der Gesundheit meiner Seele sehr zufrieden. Was ich hier im Forum schreibe, ganz besonders das, was an den Kurvenmeister gerichtet ist, stellt keineswegs die Wirklichkeit meines Gemüts dar.

> «make perfectly clear»

Das bedeutet allerdings fast immer das Gegenteil. :D
                                                                                • 38. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                                                                  Level 1
                                                                                  Ramon,

Es ist nicht, was du glaubst, wenn Sie andere verletzen. Es ist, was sie daß
                                                                                  Interessen ich glauben.
                                                                                  --
                                                                                  Mike Russell - www.curvemeister.com
                                                                                  • 39. Re: CS3 Bridge applying unwanted ACR settings to saved JPG's!?
                                                                                    Versuchen Sie es mal auf Englisch, Herr Kurvenmeister! Was Sie da oben geschrieben haben, ist ein unverständliches Kauderwelsch.

===

Try it again in English, Herr Kurvenmeister. What you wrote above makes no sense.
                                                                                    1 2 Previous Next