5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2007 4:00 AM by (Terry_Christian)

Camera Raw for CS3

I have just installed CS3 Bridge on my Windows PC system. I already have Photoshop CS2 and Bridge CS2 installed.
      How can I tell if I have the latest version of Camera Raw installed in CS3 Bridge and Photoshop CS2?

This is not helpful:
      "How do I know that Adobe Camera Raw is installed correctly?
      A: For Photoshop CS2 and CS3 customers the most efficient way to ensure that you have the latest Camera Raw update installed correctly is to choose the Updates option from the help menu. The correct version is displayed when you pick its name and see its about box. If "Camera Raw" is not in this list, you have not installed it correctly."
        • 1. Re: Camera Raw for CS3
          JimHess-8IPblY Level 3
          Why is that not helpful? That is precisely what you need to do. Just to clarify, in Photoshop:
          Go to Help/About Plug-ins.
          In the plug-ins list, click on Camera Raw.
          A box will display indicating the version that is installed.
          If it is earlier than 4.1, then you need to update.
          If Camera Raw is not on the list of plug-ins, it is either not installed or it is installed incorrectly.
          • 2. Re: Camera Raw for CS3
            Level 1
            Thank, Jim, your instructions should be helpful, since you show precisely how to find what version one has.
            • 3. Re: Camera Raw for CS3
              I checked the indicated location and camera raw is not listed. I have just completed a reinstall of cs2 and still get the "application could not load adobe camera raw" message when opening bridge. How can I locate the camera raw plug-in on the program disk and install it separately?
              • 4. Re: Camera Raw for CS3
                JimHess-8IPblY Level 3
                Just download it.

Even if you were able to locate it on the disc it would be an older version. Be sure to follow the installation instructions. The plug-in has to be in the precise folder outlined in those instructions. If that folder doesn't exist for some reason, it will be necessary for you to create the folder(s).
                • 5. Re: Camera Raw for CS3
                  Level 1
                  Jim,
                  Your link was the answer. I had spent about 3 hours reading the forum and trying everything I could find to recover my ability to view raw files (CS2 installed last year with raw ability until this week). Just returned from Amsterdam with 300 raw files and was frustrated when I could not view them. Thank you for your kindness in taking the time to write a reply. It made all the difference for me.