3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2007 6:23 AM by Thomas Knoll

Action steps not recording

Hi there. I'm new to recording actions but I thought it would be pretty straight forward but it seems it isn't. I am using CS3 with xp. What I am trying to do is record an action that will open a RAW file in Camera RAW 3.0. My problem is that the adjustments to my inage that I'm doing are not being recorded. Only the open, then save commands are. I have put in some drastic changes to my images to make sure that the actionis working, but nothing. Can someone give me a hand with this?

Thanks

Mario
        • 1. Re: Action steps not recording
          JimHess-8IPblY Level 3
          The adjustments you make in Camera Raw will not be recorded as part of the action. You need to make the adjustments to all of your images in ACR, doing as much work as you possibly can there. Then you click on the "Done" button, and this will commit the changes. Then you need to design your action so that it will open those raw files and do any additional processing that you want done in Photoshop.

You can synchronize groups of images in ACR and apply changes to all images at once that way, but you cannot record ACR changes in an action.

Just one other observation. I think you misspoke when you said that you are using Camera Raw 3.0. You need to have at least 4.0 for Photoshop CS3, but you should upgrade to ACR 4.1 if you haven't done so already.
          • 2. Re: Action steps not recording
            Mathias Vejerslev Level 2
            Would be nice if you could record the selection of an ACR preset, at least.
            • 3. Re: Action steps not recording
              Thomas Knoll Level 2
              Whether or not the Camera Raw parameters are recorded in the action depends on which of the first times in the settings flyout menu is checked.