3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2007 11:34 PM by (adele)

How do I remove latest version (4.0) from my CS2 installation?

I am running Photoshop CS2. In error I had installed the wrong version of Camera Raw (version 4.0). I have since removed the .8bi file and replaced it with the correct version (3.7).

In CS2, when I view Help/About Plug-In I see 2 versions of Camera Raw - versions 4.0, and 3.7.

When I try and try and open a raw file from Bridge straight into Photoshop nothing happens. I have tried dragging and dropping and right click thumbnail then 'open with photoshop cs2' options.

I only have one (the 3.7 version) file named 'Camera Raw.8bi' in my folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS2\File Formats so am wondering if there is a conflict in a registry file somewhere?

Any ideas please?
        • 1. Re: How do I remove latest version (4.0) from my CS2 installation?
          JimHess-8IPblY Level 3
          ACR 4.0 is still somewhere on your computer, and it is somewhere in the Adobe folder path. Assuming you are on a Windows computer, use the search function to find all of the instances of Camera Raw.8bi and get rid on the 4.0 version. If you don't have Photoshop CS3 or one of the later Photoshop Elements and versions on your computer you have absolutely no use for ACR 4.0. After you get rid of that, if you are positive ACR 3.7 is in the right folder everything should work properly.
          • 2. Re: How do I remove latest version (4.0) from my CS2 installation?
            Level 1
            <adele@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3bc491be.-1@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />>I am running Photoshop CS2. In error I had installed the wrong version of <br />>Camera Raw (version 4.0). I have since removed the .8bi file and replaced <br />>it with the correct version (3.7).<br />><br />> In CS2, when I view Help/About Plug-In I see 2 versions of Camera Raw - <br />> versions 4.0, and 3.7.<br />><br />> When I try and try and open a raw file from Bridge straight into Photoshop <br />> nothing happens. I have tried dragging and dropping and right click <br />> thumbnail then 'open with photoshop cs2' options.<br />><br />> I only have one (the 3.7 version) file named 'Camera Raw.8bi' in my <br />> folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS2\File Formats so <br />> am wondering if there is a conflict in a registry file somewhere?<br /><br />Adele,<br /><br />Good advice from Jim.  This is not a registry issue - the behavior you are <br />seeing is due to an additional copy of Camera Raw file somewhere in the <br />folder path.<br /><br />If you are using Windows, run AcrChecker, which will locate the additional <br />v4 copy, right click on the plugin, open the folder, and delete it.<br /><br />AcrChecker is located here:<br />http://curvemeister.com/downloads/acrchecker/index.htm<br />-- <br />Mike Russell  - www.curvemeister.com
            • 3. Re: How do I remove latest version (4.0) from my CS2 installation?
              Level 1
              Jim thanks a million that sorted the problem.
              Should have thought of that many thanks
              Thanks mike for further suggestions.

Adele