4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2007 11:47 AM by (walter_schroeder)

Resolution

Iam using 3 different Canon cameras and each one opens in camera raw at a different resolution. How do I set it to open all at 300ppi
        • 1. Re: Resolution
          michael shaffer Level 1
          I believe ACR should remember what you had previously selected. Try it, and if not report back with your OS and versions of software you're using.
          • 2. Re: Resolution
            DavidRitch-BPYbxw Level 1
            Does the number of pixels per inch really matter to you? I rarely ever even look at that. The resolution that matters is the number of pixels in the width and height of the image - the size to which this maps (inches by inches) doesn't affect anything.

David
            • 3. Re: Resolution
              michael shaffer Level 1
              > Does the number of pixels per inch really matter to you?

I would agree that the ppi doesn't really matter at raw development, but you do have to admit it matters in the end (i.e., it does affect the final printing process and the size of the print). The OP may simply want all her images to be defined by the same ppi so that she can directly compare the final print size.
              • 4. Re: Resolution
                Yes having different sets of images with variation in PPI can produce some mess at a later time. Its good practise to have all the same unless a need arises for individual settings.
                Of course if you only use a screen to look at the images ppi is irrelevant.