8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2007 7:08 PM by (Michael_Passalacqua)

Problem with ACR 4.2 in Bridge

After updating to ACR 4.2, I can no longer open RAW (or DNG) files in
      Bridge. The files always open in Photoshop. Could I have done something
      wrong?
        • 1. Re: Problem with ACR 4.2 in Bridge
          Omke Oudeman Level 5
          That's very hard to say with the info you have given.

have you read the FAQ for a good install??:

Ian Lyons, "+++ Camera Raw - Frequently Asked Questions +++" #, 30 Aug 2004 11:04 am

and for questions:

LenHewitt, "How To Get Help Quickly" #, 4 Mar 2004 8:27 am
          • 2. Re: Problem with ACR 4.2 in Bridge
            Level 1
            Thanks the the reply.  I installed the update using the "Updates..." link in <br />PS.  I read the FAQ and the only thing that seemed to apply is the tip to <br />purge the cache.  I did this, but it still doesn't work.<br /><br />I also just realized I can no longer write to XMP files.<br /><br />I have CS3 running on Windows Vista.  Everything worked fine before updating <br />to ACR 4.2.<br /><br /><br /><br /><Omke_Oudeman@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3bca1159.0@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> That's very hard to say with the info you have given.<br />><br />> have you read the FAQ for a good install??:<br />><br />> Ian Lyons, "+++ Camera Raw - Frequently Asked Questions +++" #, 30 Aug <br />> 2004 11:04 am </cgi-bin/webx?50@@.3bb6a869.3bb5b2e0><br />><br />> and for questions:<br />><br />> LenHewitt, "How To Get Help Quickly" #, 4 Mar 2004 8:27 am <br />> </cgi-bin/webx?50@@.2cd06cd9>
            • 3. Re: Problem with ACR 4.2 in Bridge
              Dirk Williams Level 1
              hmm It looks like I have the same problem Blind

[Mac Pro]
              • 4. Re: Problem with ACR 4.2 in Bridge
                Omke Oudeman Level 5
                Jeff

You should read the part about ACR install on Windows, I Use Mac and can't tell you where to put it but it is a very critical install, Not difficult but you have the follow the instructions carefully and then it will work.

Bridge 2 has a different cache management with it's own problems, there are many treads about that in the Bridge forum. However, it does work!

You should go to the Bridge preferences and check the box with "Automatically Export Caches to Folder When Possible."

Remember that the files are by default invisible, in the menu go to View and select "show hidden files". If your cache is written to the folder there should be 2 files (blank paper with above right corner folded) and named:
                .BridgeCache and
                .BridgeCacheT
                • 5. Re: Problem with ACR 4.2 in Bridge
                  Hudechrome-sd9sPI Level 2
                  My installation on an XP pc went smoothly and I see no differences in the file opening in Bridge. So far anyway!
                  • 6. Re: Problem with ACR 4.2 in Bridge
                    Level 1
                    Thanks for the help.  I was the cache.  I tried purging from "Edit -> Camera <br />Raw Preferences...", and that didn't fix it.  Then, I tried deleting the <br />files manually (I must have missed some), and that didn't work.  Finally, I <br />purged from "Edit -> Preferences -> Cache" and everything works!<br /><br />Thanks again!<br />- Jeff<br /><br /><br /><Omke_Oudeman@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3bca1159.3@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Jeff<br />><br />> You should read the part about ACR install on Windows, I Use Mac and can't <br />> tell you where to put it but it is a very critical install, Not difficult <br />> but you have the follow the instructions carefully and then it will work.<br />><br />> Bridge 2 has a different cache management with it's own problems, there <br />> are many treads about that in the Bridge forum. However, it does work!<br />><br />> You should go to the Bridge preferences and check the box with <br />> "Automatically Export Caches to Folder When Possible."<br />><br />> Remember that the files are by default invisible, in the menu go to View <br />> and select "show hidden files". If your cache is written to the folder <br />> there should be 2 files (blank paper with above right corner folded) and <br />> named:<br />> .BridgeCache and<br />> .BridgeCacheT
                    • 7. Re: Problem with ACR 4.2 in Bridge
                      Purge cache worked for me............thanks for the information.
                      • 8. Re: Problem with ACR 4.2 in Bridge
                        Level 1
                        I have the same problem using CS3, ACR 4.2, on Windows XP. Doesn't happen all the time. Only with some DNG files.