1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 16, 2007 9:04 AM by Bill_Janes

Adjusting color of shadow in ACR4.2?

I have an image of a tv studio set. The set has some backlit cyan colored windows and between the windows are mahogany wood panels. The whole set is out of focus. When I process the file in ACR and then look at the RGB channels I notice that the red channel show some banding and some hard lines where the windows and the wood meat, yet the whole thing is out of focus. Also, if I process with a normal exposure there are large areas of red that read 0. If I process the same file in Capture One that same area that was 0 reads 33 and I also do not see the same sort of banding or hard edges. What is the best way to deal with this in ACR? How do you adjust clipped shadow colors when it is only one color that is clipped?
        • 1. Re: Adjusting color of shadow in ACR4.2?
          Bill_Janes Level 2
          >I have an image of a tv studio set. The set has some backlit cyan colored windows and between the windows are mahogany wood panels. The whole set is out of focus. When I process the file in ACR and then look at the RGB channels I notice that the red channel show some banding and some hard lines where the windows and the wood meat, yet the whole thing is out of focus. Also, if I process with a normal exposure there are large areas of red that read 0. If I process the same file in Capture One that same area that was 0 reads 33 and I also do not see the same sort of banding or hard edges. What is the best way to deal with this in ACR? How do you adjust clipped shadow colors when it is only one color that is clipped?

I find the post a bit confusing. If the image is out of focus, you will have to focus the camera. If the shadows are clipped, then the first thing to do would be to set the black point to zero. If the reds are still clipped, then increase the exposure in ACR until they are not clipped. If highlight clipping occurs only in some color channels, then use a wider color space such as ProPhotoRGB. If there is still clipping, then use the ACR curves to adjust the TRC until the clipping is eliminated.