1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 19, 2007 11:59 AM by Thomas Knoll

Help! Camera Raw 4.3

Ran the update on Photoshop CS3 and the Bridge on my laptop this past Friday. I did not look at any of my photos until today. My camera raw images look fine in the Bridge, but once I opened them they appear fine for a second then have a horrible magenta tone appear on them. I notice the color histogram image at the top gives me a shadow clipping warning and a highlight clipping warning!

My laptop has been updated to Camera Raw 4.3. Fortunately, I have not updated my desktop computer. It remains Camera Raw 4.2. The same images from my laptop open fine and look ok on the desktop computer.

Here are my questions:
      #1 Short of dumping Photoshop and reloading it, is there anyway to correct this problem!

#2 Is this a problem unique to my digital camera and how the images are downloaded from it.

Specs: My laptop is a MacBook Pro running 10.4.10 and my digital camera is a Nikon D1H.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
        • 1. Re: Help! Camera Raw 4.3
          Thomas Knoll Level 2
          This is the same issue as:

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?128@@.3c05588f

We are working on a fix. Until then you have several workarounds:

1. Revert back to Camera Raw 4.2 on your laptop. All older versions of Camera Raw are still downloadable from adobe.com. You will probably want to purge the Camera Raw cache after reverting the plug-in version.

2. Set you camera to save NEFs in uncompressed format. The bug is limited to compressed NEFs from older Nikon cameras.

3. Use the DNG Converter version 4.2 (not 4.3) to convert the NEF files to DNG format, and then use Camera Raw 4.3.