5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2007 11:23 PM by Ramón G Castañeda

Bridge colours different to ACR colours

Hi

I have read a few similar posts to this but they were not exactly the same issue I could find. If I am wrong I am sorry.

For me, bridge is showing thumbs & previews (and slideshows) that are right (ie. contrast, saturation is good etc), however, when you open an image in the Raw dialogue it is flat and lacking contrast / saturation as a whole.

I am pretty sure that if i boost saturation etc in raw dialogue then it shows in bride as over done. ANy ideas on this to check

Thanx in advance

Chris
        • 1. Re: Bridge colours different to ACR colours
          Ramón G Castañeda Level 4
          Care to share what platform you're on, Macintosh or Windows? Exact versions of Photoshop, Bridge and ACR?

What's the make and model of your camera(s)?

Is your monitor accurately calibrated and profiled? Do you calibrate and profile it regularly and often? What are your color settings?

What are your ACR preferences re "Apply auto adjustments"? Are you set to High-quality thumbnails in Bridge?

Have you read other threads here regarding the difference between ACR raw conversion and your camera manufacturer's software? Does any of those threads apply to your situation maybe?

Are you aware that Bridge shows you the embedded JPEG image in your raw files until it caches your images?

Details are needed.
          • 2. Re: Bridge colours different to ACR colours
            JimHess-8IPblY Level 3
            Did you try the suggestion I gave you in the other forum? You need to make sure that Photoshop, Bridge and ACR are all using the same color space. Also, in Bridge, go to Edit/Creative Suite Color Settings and synchronize your Creative Suite settings.
            • 3. Re: Bridge colours different to ACR colours
              Level 1
              Just to be sure that others know what's going on...unless you have the Thumbnails preferences in Bridge CS3 set to render HQ Previews, Bridge just grabs the embedded EXIF jpeg (made by the camera) to show reviews, thus you are NOT seeing a REAL preview just a low quality preview. If you set the prefs to HQ Previews, you WILL see exactly the way Camera Raw will preview the image because then, Camera Raw is actually making the Bridge previews.
              • 4. Re: Bridge colours different to ACR colours
                >If you set the prefs to HQ Previews, you WILL see exactly the way Camera Raw will preview the image

Unfortunately that setting also triggers the spurious previews some of us are seeing, where the thumbnail and the preview occasionally fail to match the image file you have selected, though the correct, true image opens when you double click on the spurious thumbnail.

There are existing threads on this issue, including screen shots, on the Adobe Bridge Macintosh forum.
                • 5. Re: Bridge colours different to ACR colours
                  >the spurious previews

Just to double check this with ACR 4.3.1, I changed the Bridge 2.1.1.9 prefs setting to HQ previews, quit and relaunched Bridge and used the Tools menu to purge the cache for a single folder containing only 18 images. As soon as the cache rebuilt, WHAM! I had three spurious thumbnails and previews in the folder. >:(

Changed the Bridge 2.1.1.9 prefs setting to UNcheck HQ previews, quit and relaunched Bridge and used the Tools menu to purge the cache for that one folder and everything is back to normal, including the old soft but true previews. :/

OS 10.4.11, Photoshop 10.0.1, ACR 4.3.1, Bridge 2.1.1.9.
                  Dual bootable, DP MDD 1.25GHz G4 (2004), maxed out at 2GB of RAM, both Spotlight and Dashboard disabled, Photoshop primary scratch disk on dedicated 160GB internal drive, at least 100GB available on each of the four internal drives, up to 300GB on some. Counting external FW drives just over 1TB of drive space available. nVidia GeForce 7800 GS 425MHz 256 MB graphics display card. Processor napping enabled through CHUD 3.5.2.