7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2007 12:24 PM by JimHess-8IPblY

Filmstrip

mikeengles Level 1
      Hello

Does anyone know the maximum number of images that can be shown in the CameraRaw filmstrip. It would be really great to show as many as one has in folder especially if it had a little save adjustment button beside each one.It would reduce all the toing and froing from Bridge.Think RawShooter!

Mike Engles
        • 1. Re: Filmstrip
          Level 1
          If hosted by Photoshop, Camera Raw 4 is limited to about 200 images. If hosted by Bridge, Camera Raw 4 is limited only by the amount of ram you have.
          • 2. Re: Filmstrip
            mikeengles Level 1
            Hello

Thanks for the reply.
            As I said in my message,I think that it would really be useful if the filmstrip appeared automatically at the left hand side or bottom of the Raw dialogue, rather than when multiple images are selected in bridge.The bottom could accommodate it quite easily as all there is there is a resolution display. Going back and forth to Bridge for each image is tedious.

Mike Engles
            • 3. Re: Filmstrip
              JimHess-8IPblY Level 3
              I don't agree with you on this one. If I have just one image open in ACR it's because I want the bigger preview that I can get without having the film strip visible. If you want the film strip just open more than one image.

As far as a save button is concerned, ACR is acting more like Lightroom. The changes are written to metadata as you make the changes. You can cancel those changes with the Cancel button but there isn't a need for a Save button on each image. Personally, I think you need to re-evaluate your workflow.
              • 4. Re: Filmstrip
                mikeengles Level 1
                Hello

Thanks for the disagreement and the advice. I would like to be able to have the option. As far as I have seen ACR asks if the changes need to be saved if muliple images are open. As I said earlier, think Rawshooter. It in my opinion had the best and easiest system. Eventually I think Lightroom and Bridge will evolve into something very like Rawshooter and be a part of Photoshop.

Mike Engles
                • 5. Re: Filmstrip
                  JimHess-8IPblY Level 3
                  Well, maybe ACR works differently on your system than it does on mine. If I have multiple images open in ACR so that I have the filmstrip view, and I have made changes to multiple images, when I click on the Done button ACR just closes and all the changes to all the images remain intact. However, if I click on the cancel button, ACR asks me if I want to cancel changes to all images. So I guess that is where your individual Save buttons would come in handy. But I still like having a bigger preview on a single image.
                  • 6. Re: Filmstrip
                    Thomas Knoll Level 2
                    You can hide the filmstrip in the Camera Raw dialog if you want the larger preview area while in preview mode. Double click on the divider bar.
                    • 7. Re: Filmstrip
                      JimHess-8IPblY Level 3
                      That's right! I noticed that the other night, but haven't used it yet. I'm not really very bright. Thanks, Thomas.