ACR 4.3 resize issue

MikeV99 Level 1
      I open a raw file in CS3 which opens Camera Raw 4.3. I am running on
      Windows XP/SP2. If I click the full screen icon, the Camera Raw occupies
      the entire screen including covering my taskbar which is what one might
      expect.

If the full screen is toggled off, the resulting Camera Raw window cannot
      be resized. I can move the screen around the monitor. If I move my cursor
      to cover the border line on the Camera Raw window the double arrow shows.
      However, if I try to click and drag the border to be smaller it will not
      move. The double arrow moves, but the window does not resize. This happens
      on all parts of the window border including the window corner adjust point.
      This is contrary to how windows should act.

Does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks.

Happy holidays.

Mike
        • 1. Re: ACR 4.3 resize issue
          JimHess-8IPblY Level 3
          That's certainly is an odd behavior. I just tried it on mine, and the ACR screen did resize. There was a bit of a delay, but it worked.
          • 2. Re: ACR 4.3 resize issue
            Omke Oudeman Level 5
            Mike

On a Mac you only can resize the ACR window using the corner bottom right, don't know how this acts on Windows.

Is the ACR window behave like this in both PS and Bridge? If only in one you could try to renew the preferences of that one.
            • 3. Re: ACR 4.3 resize issue
              MikeV99 Level 1
              On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 01:30:39 -0800, Omke_Oudeman@adobeforums.com wrote:

> Mike
              >
              > On a Mac you only can resize the ACR window using the corner bottom right, don't know how this acts on Windows.
              >
              > Is the ACR window behave like this in both PS and Bridge? If only in one you could try to renew the preferences of that one.

Open in Camera Raw in Bridge and PS give the exact same results - Camera
              Raw 4.3. No sizing ability of the Camera Raw window (does not have
              minimize, maximize, close upper right corner control buttons either) from
              anywhere.

If I open it PS Elements 5, it is a bit different from the Camera Raw
              window in CS3. The Camera Raw window does not say Camera Raw 4.3 at the
              top, the options are different, it does not resize, and it does not have a
              full screen button. If I choose to edit the image in PS from elements
              organizer I get the PS camera raw window.

Most frustrating.
              • 4. Re: ACR 4.3 resize issue
                MikeV99 Level 1
                On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:27:15 -0800, Jim_Hess@adobeforums.com wrote:

> That's certainly is an odd behavior. I just tried it on mine, and the ACR screen did resize. There was a bit of a delay, but it worked.

A correction of bits. The system will let me increase the size of the
                window, it will not let me decrease the window size. I had not tried to
                enlarge it since it was already too large and needed to be smaller.
                • 5. Re: ACR 4.3 resize issue
                  MikeV99 Level 1
                  On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 01:30:39 -0800, Omke_Oudeman@adobeforums.com wrote:

> Mike
                  >
                  > On a Mac you only can resize the ACR window using the corner bottom right, don't know how this acts on Windows.
                  >
                  > Is the ACR window behave like this in both PS and Bridge? If only in one you could try to renew the preferences of that one.

A correction of bits. The system will let me increase the size of the
                  window, it will not let me decrease the window size. I had not tried to
                  enlarge it since it was already too large and needed to be smaller.
                  • 6. Re: ACR 4.3 resize issue
                    MikeV99 Level 1
                    On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 07:19:36 -0800, MikeV06 wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 01:30:39 -0800, Omke_Oudeman@adobeforums.com wrote:
                    >
                    >> Mike
                    >>
                    >> On a Mac you only can resize the ACR window using the corner bottom right, don't know how this acts on Windows.
                    >>
                    >> Is the ACR window behave like this in both PS and Bridge? If only in one you could try to renew the preferences of that one.
                    >
                    > Open in Camera Raw in Bridge and PS give the exact same results - Camera
                    > Raw 4.3. No sizing ability of the Camera Raw window (does not have
                    > minimize, maximize, close upper right corner control buttons either) from
                    > anywhere.
                    >
                    > If I open it PS Elements 5, it is a bit different from the Camera Raw
                    > window in CS3. The Camera Raw window does not say Camera Raw 4.3 at the
                    > top, the options are different, it does not resize, and it does not have a
                    > full screen button. If I choose to edit the image in PS from elements
                    > organizer I get the PS camera raw window.
                    >
                    > Most frustrating.

Sorry to reply to my own post. PSE 5, Bridge, PS3 had not updated to ACR
                    4.3.1. I updated them manually. Now all three show the same version and
                    screen.

I can enlarge the window and reduce the window down to where I started. I
                    guess I need a way to set the default window size somewhere??

Mike
                    • 7. Re: ACR 4.3 resize issue
                      JimHess-8IPblY Level 3
                      ACR doesn't have the usual window controls on it. It is either set to full screen mode or not. On my computer, after I have adjusted the screen to the size I want it to be, ACR remembers that size. But I have been using full screen mode now for quite a while. And screen size isn't even on my mind anymore.