Not much help, but I heard this CS4 was fabulous so I purchased it... I haven't been able to use apply anything yet because I can't even get the plug in to download (5.3 is the latest, for Vista CS4 right?) and relaods of CS4 Suite 5 times, and system restores, then recoveries, school, etc.
I really have a simpleee question for someone. - for me, it is torture.
Can someone help me out Please??? I know that everyone on the planet needs a job, however, Speaking to India is hopeless, there is toooo much of a misunderstanding of waht I need for them to help me with, the associates don't understand taht I need help downloading and applying the link to my current Suite. I can not explain it to them any other way and there are no English speaking supervisors and noone will help me from any other area...
I have the zip / file, but don't know how to extract it into CS4.
Then I can read and apply my new book skills and I can pay it forward to someone else who needs a friendly help.
Thanks so much...
Not quite sure if you're just wanting to install ACR 5.3 for use in CS4. If that's the case. it's pretty straight forward, just follow the instructions on the ACR download page to the letter.
The easiest way is to update throught the Help menu:
1. Select "Updates..." from the Help menu.
2. Follow the onscreen instructions to download and install the latest available Camera Raw update.
It can be done manually too.
Essentially, you're going to unzip the download (by double-clicking on its icon), and replace the old, obsolete ACR plug-in that gets installed by default with the CS4 installation with the new Camera Raw plug-in in exactly the same directory where the old one is now.
Manual installation on Windows:
1. Exit Photoshop CS4 and Adobe Bridge.
2. Open the download file, double-click CameraProfiles.
exe, and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Open My Computer.
4. Double-click Local Disk (C:).
5. Navigate to: (Please read directory carefully)
Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS4\File Formats
6. Move the existing Camera Raw.8bi plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure you keep this version in case you need to revert back.
7. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw.8bi, from the download into the same folder as Step 5.
8. Launch Photoshop CS4 or Adobe Bridge.
If you are going to do a manual install you do not use the Extract feature. You simply double-click on the zip file. That will open it so that you can see the contents. Then you simply just drag the Camera Raw.8bi to the folder, as Ramon instructed.