Ever since I upgraded to the newest version of Camera Raw, I have been having issues with Photoshop Elements hanging while automatically generating thumbnails, anyone else notice this issue?
Hang is not quite the right description... So I import a batch of pictures and PSE starts processing the files ("Generating Thumbnails" is in the tool bar at the bottom). After a few images are processed, it just stops. If I try to force an update of the thumbnail ("Update Thumbnail" option under the Edit menu), a broken image just come back. No mater what I do, it just sits there and will not resolve the thumbnail issue until I close out PSE and go into task manager and make sure that the task is killed.
On the other hand, while I can not get the thumbnails generated, I can go into the Editor with a raw image and it opens in Camera Raw without any problems.
Anyone else having similar issues? Know anything to try?
* Yes I have the most recent version of Camera Raw. When I downgrade to an older version of Camera Raw, the issue seems to go away.
* I can not use the old version all the time because I have a Nikon D300, which is only supported in the newest version. I confirmed the working of things with some of my D200 files.
* I am using Photoshop Elements 6.0, mainly for organization of all my images because I take a lot of them.
* I am doing this on a Windows XP x64 machine
* Based on a post someplace, I did check that my default printer on my machine is set to a printer that is always on the machine (PDF writer) and not a network printer/printer that has been disconnected.
Thank you for any help/suggestions that anyone can give me...
I will go ahead and post this on the Elements forum also (I just thought that this might be a Camera Raw issue)... as for power on the machine, I have enough Ram (2GB) and a strong enough processor and plenty of hard disk space... Thanks for your suggestions.