5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2008 7:44 AM by (Jeff_Schewe)

Can't Find Or Acces My RAW Files ( Canon EOS 350D

I'm new to SLR Cameras.. I have a Canon EOS 350D So y decided to shoot in RAW. But i have problems and question. If you just go to the camera directory can you see the RAW images? And i cannot find my RAW files that i shot..in my camera i can see them but in Bridge CS3 and PS CS3 nothing...i've already downloaded the update Camera RAW 4. But Nothing So how to work with RAW.. Pls Help me..because i need to shoot again tommorrow so i'm short on time..

Raizen Albertsz,
        • 1. Re: Can't Find Or Acces My RAW Files ( Canon EOS 350D
          Level 1
          You really should not be trying to use images in camera or on a card for viewing...you should be copying them to the local hard drive. Also, are you talking about a 30D or the Digital Rebel 350? The 30D may need an update: see the Camera Raw Product Page for a link to download the most recent version4.4.1.
          • 2. Re: Can't Find Or Acces My RAW Files ( Canon EOS 350D
            Level 1
            It's the EOS Rebel XT (EOS 350D), I've already downloaded that upgrade. But i'm not trying to view just from the card. Because i work in Photoshop. But now that i want to shoot in RAW..and edit. But i don't know how to make that happen.. In Bridge a can see the jpegs not the RAW..i'm new to RAW so...it's a little confusing for me..It's hard for me to explain in English not my language.. But basically i just want to know..how to get my RAW images that i shot with my cam ..to PS..using Bridge CS3 or PS self
            • 3. Re: Can't Find Or Acces My RAW Files ( Canon EOS 350D
              Level 1
              I found some one with almost the same problem so i am going to change his words a little bit so that you can understand my problem.

I'd taken a few shots here and there this week in RAW + Large format, but wasn't able to find the RAW files. OK, I thought perhaps I was mistaken and didn't have the settings correct & didn't really take any RAW shots.

So I reformatted the 4GB Scandisk CF card (via the camera) and took more shots, all in RAW + Large. Going thru the camera display with Info turned on, I can verify that each one was indeed on RAW + Large. But I still can't find them.

I'm using a cable to connect my EOS Rebel XT (EOS 350D) to transfer the files to a selected folder on my pc. Opening that folder in Windows (I have Win XP)there are only the the JPGs in it. If i open Adobe Bridge CS3 or PS CS3 i would find only the JPGs. Where are my RAW .CR2 files going? I was under the impression they would be in the same folder as the JPG images, with same file number. So that i can see like a thumbnail or something.

I've downloaded the Camera RAW 4.4.1. Upgrade. I did what is written

To install with Adobe Creative Suite 3 or Photoshop CS3:
              1. Exit Photoshop CS3.
              2. Open My Computer.
              3. Double-click Local Disk (C:).
              4. Navigate to: (Please read directory carefully)

Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS3\File Formats

5. Move the existing Camera Raw.8bi plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure you keep this version in case you need to revert back.
              6. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw.8bi, from the download into the same folder as in step 4.
              7. Launch Photoshop CS3 or Adobe Bridge.

Note: If generic camera thumbnails appear in Adobe Bridge, follow these steps:

1. Check to make sure the plug-in was installed in the correct directory in step 4 above.
              2. Start Bridge.
              3. Choose Tools > Cache > Purge Central Cache.

but still nothing. So what else could i do?

Raizen Albertsz,
              • 4. Re: Can't Find Or Acces My RAW Files ( Canon EOS 350D
                PECourtejoie Adobe Community Professional
                What software are you using to transfer the files?
                • 5. Re: Can't Find Or Acces My RAW Files ( Canon EOS 350D
                  Level 1
                  >I'm using a cable to connect my EOS Rebel XT (EOS 350D) to transfer the files to a selected folder on my pc. Opening that folder in Windows (I have Win XP)there are only the the JPGs in it.

This is an issue for Canon formatted DCIM folders on Windows...the mounting of the camera as a card reader will only see the JPEG files as readable files. You need to use an actual Card Reader to do copies to your local HD, not the camera.