3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2008 4:47 PM by Ramón G Castañeda

CameraRaw 4.4.1 Download Issue

dublin.nomad
      I am having a problem with installing the above plugin for PE6 on Mac OSX.

The instructions on the adobe website say that I should remove the previous 4.3.1 before placing the 4.4.1 plugin in the suggested PE6/plug ins/file formats folder.

However, there is no file labelled 4.3.1 in that folder so I do not know which file to remove. When I open PE6 and check the available plugins they are both listed as being installed so they both there. Any suggestions?
        • 1. Re: CameraRaw 4.4.1 Download Issue
          John_Cornicello_Photo Level 2
          The file name does not include a version number. It should simply be called Camera Raw.plugin and you should only have one file in that folder.

Make sure you are in the correct path. It should be hard disk > Library > Application Support >Adobe > Plug-Ins > CS3 > File Formats

(there is another library folder listed under your user name, but that one should not have a Plug-ins folder in it).

You can do a search on your computer for "camera raw.plugin" to see where any others might be hiding. There should only be one. If you do a "get info" on the file(s) you find you can then see what the version number is and figure out which one to keep and which one(s) to trash.
          • 2. Re: CameraRaw 4.4.1 Download Issue
            dublin.nomad Level 1
            You are a gent, thanks for your help on this!!

Of note: the plugin has to replace the location of the older plugin within the folder /Plugin/CS3... in case anyone else is having the same issue!
            • 3. Re: CameraRaw 4.4.1 Download Issue
              Ramón G Castañeda Level 4
              >the plugin has to replace the location of the older plugin within the folder /Plugin/CS3 [sic]

Just to clarify, for the sake of thoroughness:

the new plug-in has to replace the older plug-in in its location within the folder /Plugin/CS3