6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2008 6:10 PM by (Siamak_etezadi)

Open TIF files in ACR 4.5

tbmaugham
      I have a number of images in TIF format that I wish to open in ACR 4.5. I can see how to open JPG images but not the TIF images. How might I do this? I am using Windows XP Pro SP2, Photoshop CS3, ACR 4.5.

Thanks,
      Tom
        • 1. Re: Open TIF files in ACR 4.5
          JimHess-8IPblY Level 3
          In the Bridge preferences, in the Thumbnails section, if you have checked the the "Prefer Adobe Camera Raw for JPEG and TIFF Files", then all you should have to do is double click on a TIF image. Sometimes, on larger TIF images like panoramas I find that I have to go to Photoshop and do a File/Open As and then designate Raw as the file type, and then choose the TIF image to get it to open in Camera Raw.
          • 2. Re: Open TIF files in ACR 4.5
            MadManChan2000 Adobe Employee
            You can use Bridge to browse the tiff files, then right-click on one and choose 'open in camera raw' from the popup.
            • 3. Re: Open TIF files in ACR 4.5
              JimHess-8IPblY Level 3
              If I right click on a single TIF image the "Open in Camera Raw" option is there. But if I right click on a panorama where the dimensions are beyond 10,000 pixels, then the option is not on the right click menu.
              • 4. Re: Open TIF files in ACR 4.5
                Thomas Knoll Level 2
                >If I right click on a single TIF image the "Open in Camera Raw" option is there. But if I right click on a panorama where the dimensions are beyond 10,000 pixels, then the option is not on the right click menu.

Try rebuilding the Bridge cache for that folder. Camera Raw 4.5 no longer has the 10,000 pixel limit.
                • 5. Re: Open TIF files in ACR 4.5
                  JimHess-8IPblY Level 3
                  I just did that, and Thomas is right (of course). The new ACR will now handle my larger panoramas. Very nice!
                  • 6. Re: Open TIF files in ACR 4.5
                    all my setting is set to open Jpeg and tiff files in CR

I tried to do Cmd-R in bridge and does not work with any type of files.

I can not open single tiff file or multi tiff files from Bridge.
                    this is not issue with jpeg.

I can not open multi tiff file from photoshop sometimes!
                    if I use OSX dialog for the 1st time, I can select all the tiff files I want,and they open in CR. However, 2nd time around Format option disappear (this happens all the times with PS open dialog) and files open in PS only.
                    Again this is not issue with jpeg files. I noticed, if switch to PS open dialog and then to OSX open dialog I can open multi tiff files in CR for one time only again.
                    I am using MacBook Pro.
                    How can I fix this bug.
                    Thanks