either 3D sprite and have the result shown on both? Sorry if this is a
      stupid question. Just starting with 3D.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: viewing multiple cameras at once
          Level 7
          Dave wrote:
          > Hello,
          >
          > I want to have a 3D world to be viewed in 2 modes at the same time on
          > the stage. Can I have one 3D sprite with one camera and another sprite
          > of the same cast member with a second camera? Then can I interact with
          > either 3D sprite and have the result shown on both? Sorry if this is a
          > stupid question. Just starting with 3D.

Hi. I tried both techniques: 1) the one you�re describing, that is, two
          different sprites showing different cameras of the same SW3D member and
          2) using one bigger sprite showing two cameras. The performance test
          surprised me because the first method was faster.

Now to your question: you have to use addCamera() if you want to create
          the camera with Lingo and then sprite(2).camera = member("3D").camera[2]
          for example.

Please describe the interaction you�re talking about if you want further
          info.

Regards,
          --
          Agust�n Mar�a Rodr�guez

www.onwine.com.ar > Macromedia Director demos & code
          • 2. Re: viewing multiple cameras at once
            Level 7
            Agust�n Mar�a Rodr�guez wrote:

> Please describe the interaction you�re talking about if you want further
            > info.

Thanks Agust�n. The interaction I want at this stage is to be able to move a
            character in ths 3D world, so want the character to be seen in 2 camera
            views from (different angles). Also, maybe if I click a wall, it may change
            colour and then would change in both. So, this would be simple hey? All I
            need to do is set the camera of each sprite to it's own (ie camera 1 for
            sprite 1, camera 2 for sprite 2). And so anything I change in one 3D world
            will chage in the other?

• 4. Re: viewing multiple cameras at once
              Level 7
              Dave wrote:
              > Agust�n Mar�a Rodr�guez wrote:
              >
              >
              >>Please describe the interaction you�re talking about if you want further
              >>info.
              >
              >
              > Thanks Agust�n. The interaction I want at this stage is to be able to move a
              > character in ths 3D world, so want the character to be seen in 2 camera
              > views from (different angles). Also, maybe if I click a wall, it may change
              > colour and then would change in both. So, this would be simple hey? All I
              > need to do is set the camera of each sprite to it's own (ie camera 1 for
              > sprite 1, camera 2 for sprite 2). And so anything I change in one 3D world
              > will chage in the other?

Exactly. You�ll find useful the article of James and take into account
              that if you want to pick the wall in any of both sprites you�ll have to
              perform modelUnderLoc() on each sprite sepparately (and don�t forget to
              add the location offset)

Good luck!
              --
              Agust�n Mar�a Rodr�guez

www.onwine.com.ar > Macromedia Director demos & code