3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2008 6:29 PM by TabbyKatt

Remote Server Problem

TabbyKatt
      Sorry if this has been asked, I looked a couple pages back and didn't see anything...

Okay, I haven't worked on my website for quite awhile, and have never really had any problems before. Today, for whatever reason, I decided I'd do some updating. I opened Dreamweaver, and my remote server kinda... wasn't there? None of my files are there. They show up in Local, but I can't update from there. Help?

Also, I dunno if it matters, but the version of Dreamweaver I have is Macromedia. I guess Adobe bought them out or something? I tried to install updates for Dreamweaver, but where it says C:My Programs/Macromedia/Dreamweaver it says that the program isn't there. So, I can't update, and I don't know if that would help, anyway.

Thanks for any help!
        • 1. Re: Remote Server Problem
          Level 7
          Did you log onto your remote server? Did you try updating a page and then
          "PUT"?

"TabbyKatt" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:ge364s$jrm$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Sorry if this has been asked, I looked a couple pages back and didn't see
          > anything...
          >
          > Okay, I haven't worked on my website for quite awhile, and have never
          > really
          > had any problems before. Today, for whatever reason, I decided I'd do some
          > updating. I opened Dreamweaver, and my remote server kinda... wasn't
          > there?
          > None of my files are there. They show up in Local, but I can't update from
          > there. Help?
          >
          > Also, I dunno if it matters, but the version of Dreamweaver I have is
          > Macromedia. I guess Adobe bought them out or something? I tried to install
          > updates for Dreamweaver, but where it says C:My
          > Programs/Macromedia/Dreamweaver
          > it says that the program isn't there. So, I can't update, and I don't know
          > if
          > that would help, anyway.
          >
          > Thanks for any help!
          >

• 2. Re: Remote Server Problem
            leparet kaZper
            was the missing \ following c: intentional? If not that could cause a problem
            • 3. Re: Remote Server Problem
              TabbyKatt Level 1
              I did log on to my remote server, yes, but nothing shows up but a single folder icon with " / " next to it. And when I click PUT, it asks if I want to put the entire site, then locks up. When I hit PUT in the local view, it says something to the effect of "Unable to create remote folder htdocs"

Also, the missing \ was an accident, yes, sorry x_x