3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2006 9:07 AM by World_Traveler

CFC Wizard Primary Key

World_Traveler
      Hello

I want ot use Flex Builder CFC Wizard on some of my tables but when I start the wizard and select my table all options are available except for the Primary Key PopUpButton ! The popup is greyed out (disabled)...

In the PopUp the wrong field is selected (not my primary key) and I can't use the popup to change the field... CFC are generated but it is a pain in the neck to manually change the key in the code.....

Upon what conditions the Primary Field PopUp is greayed out ??

CF connects to that database via JDBC. I wonder if JDBC is at the root of that problem.

Thanks

Steve
        • 1. Re: CFC Wizard Primary Key
          World_Traveler Level 1
          I now have access to the JDBC driver source code ! I offered to help the Openbase team with that problem pretty specific to using Flex.

Could someone in the FlexBuilder team be nice enough to tell me upon which condition the Primary Field PopUp gets greyed out disabled in the CFC Wizard !!!

I could fix things in the JDBC driver if the problem lies there !!

Thanks

Steve
          • 2. Re: CFC Wizard Primary Key
            World_Traveler Level 1
            Anyone on the Flex team ??

It should be easy to find out !!

Thanks
            • 3. Re: CFC Wizard Primary Key
              World_Traveler Level 1
              Ok I found something

The Primary Key PopUp will be greyed out if the table has a primary key !

But unfortunately the Wizard is not picking up the right database field for the key !!

So if I go in my database's SYS table and remove temporarily the primary_key indicator the wizard let me pick the field I want for the primary key.

Now it would be a big + if the wizard could be fixed to pickup the right Primary Key from the list.

Thanks

Steve