Please check if SYSTEM account has full rights, if not grant full rights to SYSTEM account to system32 folder.
In this reply you'll find a solution for the problem in windows 7.
As said before the error occurs when installing the file AdobeColorCommonSetRGB.
The problem is caused by programs locking the file sRGB Color Space Profile.icm. In my case Explorer. As you cannot kill the explorer to unlock the file I found another solution to rename it:
Start windows 7 in safe mode with prompt. In this mode there is no explorer to lock the file.
First you need rights to rename the file
1. At the command prompt, input
takeown /f c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\colors\sRGB*.icm
2. Press Enter on the keyboard.
3. A message will be displayed that this completed successfully.
4. Now input icacls c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\colors\sRGB*.icm /grant (your username):f
5. A message will be displayed that this completed successfully
6. Now input ren c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\colors\sRGB*.icm srgbold.icm .
Boot to your normal windows to reinstall the CS4 program. It creates a new sRGB Color Space Profile.icm.
Hi I was reading this old post of yours because I am installing Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Standard onto a new computer from an old one. When I try to download I am prompted with the following:
Error 1603. Fatal error during installation.
In your post you mentioned Windows 7, I am using Windows 10. When I typed in takeown /f c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\colors\sRGB*.icm in safe mode with command prompt it does not work. Is there something different to type in for Windows 10? Thank you, I would appreciate any help you can provide me.