5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2009 1:10 PM by

lost my skin!

Hello helping hands. When I add a skin to a movie in flash and set poster frame, then test movie, all appears fine. Then I export it, then import it onto my Dw page. When I test in browser, the skin does not show up, just a white ugly border. Seems I've lost my skin along the way. I tried to import the skin into my folder, but still does not show up. I can still play the movie because I added an arrow on screen with action script, but where the heck is my control skin? Bah! Please help, hair going grey-er.
        • 1. Re: lost my skin!
          Level 7
          Did you upload the swf and all other supporting files to server?

--
          Nancy O.
          Alt-Web Design & Publishing
          www.alt-web.com

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: lost my skin!
            I found that when I put the skin in the same directory as my page file, it shows up, but now there is a moving green grey zebra bar where the load progress bar is and the movie doesn't play at all.
            • 3. Re: lost my skin!
              Level 7
              Did you upload the flv file to server and is it also in the same folder as
              your page and swf?

--
              Nancy O.
              Alt-Web Design & Publishing
              www.alt-web.com

• 4. lost my skin!
                Thanks for confirming, Nancy. That seemed to be one problem, then when it was fixed, it plays fine in my browser from checking in Dw, then when I upload synched files to server, I play it on a webpage and it doesn't play at all again. The posterframe and skin show up though! A green dashed bar moves along where the load progress bar is. You can see it for awhile if I haven't figured it out at my website. Thanks.
                Jonathan
                jwestonvideo.com
                • 5. lost my skin!
                  I started all over and it is fixed. Unknown bug. Must have made a mis step in creating the poster frame. Thanks for the help.