Oct 22, 2007 Oct 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe DRM Error
System: 7
State: 4
Class: 5
Code: 31
Your Adobe software could not be activated.
HTTP error on Adobe DRM Activator request.
Adobe DRM Activator error (client code 31; HTTP code -1).
Fault location: 5
--- end ---

How do I fix this, I can't open an eBook I've purchased with Adobe Digital Editions. This message comes when the program is authorizing the eBook.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2007 Oct 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a server problem at the time the user encountered the error. This has been resolved. If anyone is still seeing this error, please submit a support incident at www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2007 Nov 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe DRM Error
System: 8
Class: 66
Code: 77
--- end ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2007 Nov 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
georgie alexander - 3:41pm Nov 24, 07 PST (#2 of 2)

Adobe DRM Error
System: 8
Class: 66
--- end ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2007 Nov 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Leopard, which I just found out is not supported. However, I've been able to read ebooks purchased prior to acquiring Leopard.

Then I bought one and tried downloading it post-L. No go. I downloaded it once, received the error message below, tried again. Same error message. This is the error message:

Adobe DRM Error
System: 5
Class: 400
Code: 19
Scroll below or view error.log for more details.

Adobe DRM client Error: 419
The voucher for this document has already been fulfilled or the ETD file is no longer valid.
Server Code: 410

410 Gone
You must upgrade your eBook client to version or greater
(27) Retry limit exceeded for VoucherID SKU:9780307266040 for OrderID 2071196484982222. Your order must be re-activated by your retailer to proceed.
Requested URL: http://ebook.lightningsource.com/fulfill/ebx.etd ?action=purchase &orderid=2071196484982222 &bookid=SKU:9780307266040

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2007 Dec 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 410 gone error is almost always because the user has double-clicked on the ETD file (which is a temporary download file but often gets dumped on the user's desktop by some browsers (notably FireFox)).

The 77 error is due to system clock problems, most commonly because the user changed their clock.

Please, for all DRM errors, please submit a support incident at www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2007 Dec 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting an Error 10. Can anyone help? I can't purchase my ebooks at Fictionwise until I resolve first.

Adobe DRM ErrorSystem: 5State: 4Class: 800Code: 10Message:
Adobe DRM client Error: 810Local voucher engine error:VE error code 10Requested URL: http://ebookfulfill.adobe.com/fulfill/ebx.etd ?action=purchase &orderid=325475793839874 &bookid=ISBN:0596526091

--- end ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2007 Dec 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

subscribing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2007 Dec 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have written to Adobe using the suggested. Adobe has not deigned to reply. At this point, I'm off the Adobe ebook scam. I have, last count, 6 books I cannot read on my leopard system. Bought them but receive DRM error messages when I try to actually read.

Louis Suarez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2007 Dec 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted several times, Digital Editions 1.0 does not yet support Leopard. Or, more accurately, there is a bug in the server side code (URLs are not correctly terminated) which does not cause problems on Windows of 10.4. We have implemented a workaround and it will be in the next release, which is coming soon.

As for no email reply, I will contact him directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2007 Dec 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to reply to my own message:
Adobe's Ric Wright has responded with alacrity and politeness to my recent posts. Thanks Ric!
Louis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2007 Dec 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe DRM Error
Class: 5
Code: 31
HTTP error on Adobe DRM Activator request.
Adobe DRM Activator error (client code 31; HTTP code 556).
Fault location: 5
--- end ---
I receive this error when I try to open my .epub ebook. is there any solution?
with best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2007 Dec 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two e-book DRM profiles, one for an older machine and one for this machine. I reinstalled XP on this machine and changed the machine name. I'm running Adobe Reader 7.0.9. When attempting to access my e-books on this machine, I was prompted to reactivate. I went to the Adobe DRM site and clicked on the "Activate" button. I consistently get the following error:

No matching activation records found.
Eden info: (0x1e) No matching activation records found.
Soap info: Client : No matching activation records found.
Adobe DRM Activator error (server code 30).
Fault location: 22
Contact customer support.

Help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2008 Jan 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are researching this one. Please submit a support incident at www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/.

The server in question is old. Sometimes there are glitches. Did you try activating again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2008 Jan 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error message on trying to activate e-book. If anyone could provide me with some quick help it would be much appreciated.

Adobe DRM Error
Class: 15
Code: 1
Please check your network connection and try again.
Incorrect Adobe DRM Activator action or URL.
Adobe DRM Activator error (server code 4).
Fault location: 15
Contact customer support.
--- end ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2008 Jan 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the exact same message as Paulo Villela. I get the message after I attempt to open up an old DRM'd pdf file - one which I must have "activated" before some changes to my system. Anyway, when I open up the file, acrobat opens up a window with the following:

You have Digital Editions from a prior version of Acrobat or Adobe Reader. Re-activation is required in order to continue accessing these documents.

What would you like to do with these documents?
o Re-Activate over the Internet using my Passport or Adobe ID
o Re-activate without using a Passport or Adobe ID, if possible
o I never want to upgrade my existing Digital Editions

Except that the 1st option is greyed out. I click on the 2nd option, and then I get the message that Paulo gets.

Any fix for this?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2008 Jan 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe DRM Error
Class: 400
Code: 19

Adobe DRM client Error: 419
The voucher for this document has already been fulfilled or the ETD file is no longer valid.
Server Code: 410

410 Gone
(5) Could not obtain voucher
(44) The ETD file for this request has already been used and has expired. Re-use your original book download link to get your books.
Requested URL: http://66.135.49.27/fulfill/ebx.etd ?action=purchase &orderid=654376552163828 &bookid=EBK:000272150

--- end ---
Adobe DRM Error
Class: 800
Adobe DRM client Error: 877
Local voucher engine error:
VE error code 77
Requested URL: http://ebookfulfill.adobe.com/fulfill/ebx.etd ?action=purchase &orderid=011536796722017 &bookid=ISBN:0596526091

--- end ---

My system is windows xp sp2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2008 Jan 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not see any solution to the above error. I'm having the same problem. Is Digital Editions compatible with Vista? And could there be an issue if someone forwarded me an e-book, even though the file was unopened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2008 Jan 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks, as noted at the top of the Forum, for DRM errors, please submit a support incident at www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2008 Apr 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

error same time

how is solve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2008 May 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe DRM ACTIVATION Error

Vikram Jain

Your Adobe software VERSION 7 could not be activated.

Adobe DRM Activator error (server code 4).
Fault location: 3
contact customer support
--- end ---

How do I fix this, I can't open an eBook I've purchased from diesel e books and their books can only be viewed using adobe version 7. This message comes when the program is authorizing the eBook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2008 Jul 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I hope you can help me. I tried contacting Adobe by using the email address they provided for DRM issues, but so far no reply. So I'll try here to hopefully get some response.

I am unable to open an eBook Item: 078655455X - Dietz, William , C. McCade on the Run (Adobe Reader) ISBN: 078655455X.I get an error message stating "This document can not be opened because ownership can not be established on this computer. I've been on the same computer for many years. I can open other DRM enabled eBooks (PDF) with no problem. I can't authorize my computer because I get yet another error message stating Your Adobe software could not be activated. Client user is not an EasyActivation user and cannot be migrated to a full user.

I have owned this computer for several years, and primarily use the email address used to send this email. My system information:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Dell DM051
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~2793 Mhz
Total Physical Memory 2,048.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.03 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

My email address is bobg2u@pacbell.net. A long time ago I had a hot mail address of bobg2u@hotmail.com, but I have not used that for years

Can you help me activate my book so I can read it?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 16, 2008 Jul 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

Unforutnately, due to an error on the web team somewhere, the adobe.com/support/digital editions page incorrectly showed an email address that you could use for contacting support. However, that information was incorrect. All support is done through
http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions.

So are you getting this error in Digital Editions 1.5?? Or in some version of Acrobat Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2008 Jul 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I'm getting this error on v7.0.9. And yes, I would like to upgrade but I have to use this version if I want test to speech capabilities (unless you have updated information). The publisher for whatever reason is no longer available (according to the eBook distributor eDiesel).

All I really want to do is read the book I have paid for. ;-(

Is this the proper forum for this question or should I switch to another?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 28, 2008 Jul 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, I can't really help you with Reader-specific errors (I only came into the ebook world as of Digital Editions...) So you should try the Acrobat forum for this one I'd say..

(and no, there is no word on read-aloud for ADE.. you still need to use Reader...)

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines