Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions/Password Security for PDF

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2008 Jan 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am wondering if the Digital Editions reader will eventually support PDF security passwords. I use Acrobat 8 Professional, so I experimented by (1) creating a Word document, then (2) creating it in PDF using Acrobat 8 Pro, then (3) setting a password for opening the PDF.

I just installed the latest Digital Editions reader, then added the newly created PDF to its library. A message displays in the Digital Editions reader saying that this version does not support passwords. (If I add a non-password version of the same PDF to the library, it views OK.)

Is there a way to password secure the PDF's that can be added to the library and displayed in the Digital Editions reader? If not currently, is there any plan to add password support in a later version?

For those who wish to password protect a PDF for use in the Digital Editions reader, but are not wishing to add the expense of DRM or commercial deployment via a third-party, this would be a potentially useful feature.

Kind Regards,

Stephen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2008 Jan 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We probably will, but for now, such documents need to be opened in Acrobat or Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hiya,  Just wondering if there is any update on this ? 

I am tring to use my Kobo to read a PDF ebook, which is prtected by DRM, and has an Open password. 

while i download the ADE to open this pdf , I cannot add this ebook in the adobe digital editions, it says " this version of digital editions does not support passwrd-protected PDF doucments.  Please use Adobe Reader ot view this document " .  Seems i cannot find a way to open this PDF in my Kobo eReader.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines