Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions Problem...

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2008 Jan 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Recently I've encountered a influx of emails from our customers complaining that the following error message is displaying:

"Could not find Digital Editions folder."

I'm assuming that this is an error message that occurs when Digital Editions is incorrectly installed but am concerned about the sudden influx. Am I correct in assuming it's incorrectly installed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2008 Jan 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> "Could not find Digital Editions folder."

> I'm assuming that this is an error message that occurs when Digital Editions
> is incorrectly installed but am concerned about the sudden influx. Am I
> correct in assuming it's incorrectly installed?

It means what is says: the folder DE needs cannot be found.
This often happens when people have moved "My Documents" to a separate
partition. Have your customers create a folder called "My Digital Editions"
(without the quotation marks) in their "My documents" folder and all will be
well. I hope.

--
Adriana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2008 Feb 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't working for some of our users I suspect it is failing when their are foreign non-ascii characters in their folder path. I've been recommending Adobe Reader 7 for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2008 Mar 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three issues here. One is non-ASCII characters. The second is where My Documents is mapped to a network drive. The third is where the user is a "restricted user" and has no rights outside their own My DOcuments folder. The first two are fixed in DE 1.5, which is available here http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/digitaleditions/install/

The last issue is more complex and we hope to address it in the next major release of Digital Editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 22, 2010 Aug 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is my first time installing this software and I am getting the error message "Could not find Digital Editions folder". From reading the forums I can see that this has been a major issue for over 3 years. I have none of the issues that you list that would keep it from working correctly. Your installer says that the program was correctly installed, My "My  Documents" folder is on the C drive (the Digital Editions folder is already showing in the folder)  and I have no foreign non-ascii characters in my folder path. I have tried installing it on Windows XP, Vista, 7 and on my Powerbook and I still get the error message "Could not find Digital Editions folder". I am using the latest edition so why does this software not work? And why can't the software be downloaded and then installed? Why does it have to be installed from the web?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines