• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Legal action against Adobe

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2008 Mar 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been browsing these forums for a few hours and I am amazed at how ridiculous most of you people are being. You are missing some really important pieces of information about ebooks and digital editions

1. Digital Editions is a FREE program released by Adobe, they get no money when you use it.

2. When you pay for an ebook, you are paying money directly to the publisher, not Adobe. But the company who gets your money never gave you a program to be able to read the book, that makes no sense at all.

So, all of you lawyer-hungry people out there: If you want to sue somebody, sue the publishing house that sold you the ebook and did not provide a way for you to read it. Call them and harass them and insist that they provide you what you are paying for, a book that you can read!

I love Adobe and they have done nothing but try to provide a free service (which is more than the publishing houses are doing). If you don't like it, take your business elsewhere.

An Adobe Lover...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2008 Mar 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Well, most of the above is true. But at the same time, Adobe has agreed with the publishers to provide a reader. There is a long and sordid history here (most of it before my time) of how we got here. But the net net is that my team is tasked with taking the current Reader functionality and making it something Adobe can be proud of and users appreciate. We aren't there yet, but we are making a lot of progress.

Note that it is no solace to those posting on the forum, but DE has now over 1 million downloads, so you can appreciate that most people don't have these problems. But obviously some people do run into problems. And those problems are the fault of Adobe and the publishers. We are working hard with with the publishers and feedback from users to try and make it so the only traffic on this forum is requests for new features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines