2 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2008 11:13 AM by Jim Lester

Distribution of Digital Editions.

Abnai
      Hi all,

Am not sure, whether this is the correct forum, but can anyone help me with the distribution of Digital Editions. I need to install it on the computers on our company network.

Regards,

Andy
        • 1. Re: Distribution of Digital Editions.
          BWolfe [ADOBE] Level 3
          Andy,

Unfortunately there is not currently a licensing process which will allow the distribution of Digital Editions. We are aware that this is a common feature request and it will be considered for a future version. But for now you'll need to install to individual machines from the live site.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
          Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player
          Adobe
          • 2. Re: Distribution of Digital Editions.
            Jim Lester Level 4
            Also please be aware that the current version of DE has significant problems working in a managed environment - especially one that uses roaming profiles:
            - As Bentley mentioned, we do not have a standalone installer available
            - The install path is non standard and is under the AppData directory
            - The activation of a machine is tied to that specific machine through fingerprinting, so even if you have the profile setup to correctly transfer the activation information when roaming, it will fail on a new machine.

The one thing we did fix in 1.5 is that DE should now work correctly when the users "My Documents" is mapped to a network directory.

-
            Jim Lester
            Adobe Systems