• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message "Error Converting License"

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2008 Jun 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I dowloaded the most recent update a couple weeks ago I have been getting an error message everytime I try to download a book it gives me this error message: Error Converting License and lists a specific book that is causing the problem. I can read old books that I previously downloaded but can not download anything new. Please help! The adobe customer service people directed me here. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 06, 2008 Jun 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, realistically they should have directed you to open a support web case at http://www.adobe.com/support/contact. I'm trying to straighten them out on that but it's slow going..

We discuss this error in this technote:
http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403460

However, it sounds like you may have damaged the existing book. I'd recommend contacting the vendor and asking them for a fresh download of that title. They should accomodate you.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2008 Jun 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a survey and majority of us concluded that you need to stop working on Digital Editions. we prefer adobe reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 13, 2008 Jun 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joe, thanks for the spam. You're certainly welcome to share your opinion, though it's unlikely to effect development. We'll continue to work on the product, look for bugs that cause these kind of issues and fix them.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2008 Aug 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am getting the same error when i download from the net. i can load from within my computer but get the license error when buying and loading from site. i even purchased a new book and it did it then went to another site and got one from them and it did it. i am lost now because everything wants to load in digital and it will not do it. here are some logs
Error converting license
Source file: Start_to_Finish_1.pdf
Failed to convert License
Source file: ebx_backup\Start_to_Finish_1.pdf
--- end ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 02, 2008 Sep 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Jack,

You need to open a Digital Editions support web case.. To open a Digital Editions 1.5 Technical Support case, please use the contact links at http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions.
Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines