• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Six computer activation limit - ADE 1.5

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2008 Jun 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that up to six computers can be associated with a named ID to share purchased ebooks.

If a computer's hard drive is re-formatted and the operating system is reinstalled then presumably it has to be activated again. Does this count as an additional computer (and increment the activation count), or does the activation server recognise it as the same computer (and NOT increment the activation count)?

Hope that makes sense!

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 13, 2008 Jun 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is correct, six named activations per machine.

Now, assuming you have named activation... that machine has a 'fingerprint' that's tied into your AdobeID. Reformatting the hard drive would cause the activation server to notice and would delete one activation, and you'd only have five left. Unless you wait a year. After a year we automatically increase the count by 1 just to be nice.

Now, there is a procedure by which we can manually reset the machine activations in the odd situation where you might have used all six. for that you'd open a tech support case (for now... I hope to move that to Customer Service later this year)

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2008 Jun 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This seems to be my problem (see "Repeated Install" thread)

How can I open a case? Should I?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2008 Sep 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Surely it makes more sense to have a de-activation option available?

Like In other Adobe applications.

This would help users like myself that regularly reformat their systems or need to return to image backups made of the system prior to activating ADE 1.5.

Thanks
NigelS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines