3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2008 2:55 PM by BWolfe [ADOBE]

Page numbers in ADE

Dear All

Could any body tell me if there is any way to control the visibility or the positioning of pages numbers that appears in Adobe Digital Edition for .epub and what the base of appearance of the numbers in these positions if it depends on certain size of block or paragraphs?!

Thanks..
      Ahmed Kader
        • 1. Re: Page numbers in ADE
          BWolfe [ADOBE] Level 3
          Ahmed, I believe I responded to this before. There isn't a way in ADE 1.5 for a user to control the visibility of page numbering.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
          Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
          Adobe
          • 2. Re: Page numbers in ADE
            Bentley,

There is a mechanism for this provided in the Best Practices Guide, known as Page Map resource under Adobe Extensions for assigning a page number to a manifest item as the way it may appear in Adobe Digital Editions (ADE). The proposed media type for it is application/oebps-page-map+xml. Id for the page map must be referenced by the spine element using page-map attribute.

However, when we tried implement it and try open it in the ADE, it has given an error (validation error) which states that the media type is not recognized.

Do you suggest any other media type to implement page maps in ADE? Any working sample/ examples will also help us produce and obtain page numbering as against the synthetic page maps synthesized automatically by ADE and which appear on the right side of the content in the reader.

Thank You!
            • 3. Re: Page numbers in ADE
              BWolfe [ADOBE] Level 3
              Sorry, I only work with the end user/ADE side of the equation. There is some contact info on the Digital Publisher Developer Center at http://www.adobe.com/devnet/digitalpublishing/.

At the bottom if a line something like...

Please submit the Developer Center Feedback form to give us feedback about this new site.

I'm told that will get you to development..

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
              Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
              Adobe