3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2008 1:07 PM by BWolfe [ADOBE]

DIGITAL EDITION 1.5 DOES NOT OPEN OR SEE MY PDF

I HAVE A $50.00 USD BOOK, C___Primer_Plus.pdf, i bought from Amazon maybe 3-4 yrs now. Older version of DE open the book no problem. Now 1-2 yrs later were up to version 1.5 DE, it fails to unlock my book. WTF is going on with Adobe software.

I buy an ebook that uses Adbobe software to read it now Adobe software does not recognize or open my book. I may as well have trashed the book in the garbage. I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER EBOOK THAT USES DIGITAL EDITIONS
        • 1. Re: DIGITAL EDITION 1.5 DOES NOT OPEN OR SEE MY PDF
          BWolfe [ADOBE] Level 3
          You can open a support case at:
          http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions.

You'll need to provide error messages and as much detail as possible.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
          Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
          Adobe
          • 2. Re: DIGITAL EDITION 1.5 DOES NOT OPEN OR SEE MY PDF
            Level 1
            I have a support case, my problem persist, they (Adobe) keeps closing the issue as if all is OK. see case 0180221956.

There are no error messages. I'm not here to debug your software, I want to read my digital book. Digital Edition does nothing to open the file. In fact the book does not show up on the DE black window like other PDF book on my PC. I am attaching my Ebook once again. Unlock and return it to unlocked, I am not here to waste time trouble shooting your digital rights management software.

I already sent a copy of the book in a seperate email.
            • 3. Re: DIGITAL EDITION 1.5 DOES NOT OPEN OR SEE MY PDF
              BWolfe [ADOBE] Level 3
              Cannot,

Unfortunately we just cannot help you in the way that you desire. We have no ability to open your book directly and do anything to it. It's all tied into the DRM and the fingerprint of your machine.

So, I looked at the case. And here's what I think. I think there probably -is- an error, and it's probably being thrown into the ADE error log. You can turn on error logging

You might not be interested in continuing, and that's fine, I understand. But I'm going to ask a higher level tech to take over the case anyway. And we'll make a policy exception and give you an email you can send the error log to (although you can attach stuff to our web case system.. that's a lot easier than FTP).

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
              Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
              Adobe