• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(sony) `Ebook Library' to `Adobe Digital Editions'

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Searching here for ways to convert an (sony) `Ebook Library' format (*.lrx) to something the Adobe Digital Editions reader can read, I find long threads about converting the other way (adobe to sony) but not the reverse.

I have both freebie readers and have found the `Ebook Library' offered for download by sony, has a more extensive library easily accessed thru the reader in the genre I like to read (crime fiction/mystery).

I'm sure the same stuff is available somewhere on the net for the Adobe Digital Editions reader but with the `Ebook Library' I haven't had to search, just use there library.

The trouble is the reader part of `Ebook Library' sucks. Its pretty primitive compared to the adobe DE. For starters I can't reduce the size of type characters below a rather huge size. Even the smallest setting in the reader results in rather huge type. The reader is cumbersome and clunky in many other ways as well.

I vastly prefer reading with the Adobe DE. But do not like having to put so much time and energy into finding the books I want to download in Adobe DE format. Jumping around thru the various links I have for ebooks to find what I want instead of using the `Ebooks Library' to find it in one search/purchase combined move.

So how can I read the stuff downloaded in *.lrx format in Adobe DE. There is no intent to circumvernt DRM or some other sleaze... I don't mind paying for the books... I just want to read them in the software of choice, Adobe DE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I'm glad that you like ADE, unfortunately as you have undoubtedly already figured out we only support PDF and ePub for viewing and do not support viewing of Sony's .lrf (unencrypted) or .lrx (DRM protected). I don't think that will change anytime soon (but I'm just an engineer and have been wrong about product directions plenty of times).

For non DRM Sony files there are plenty of convertors out there to use - although most of them focus on converting to .lrf so you can place the file on a Sony Reader. A good general resource for conversion tools, how well they work etc is the MobileRead Format Conversion forum .

Other than that, the best I can do for you is to suggest some additional links to add to your va...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2008 Jul 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> JimLester - 1:03pm Jul 3, 08 PST (#1 of 1)
> 03-Jul-2008 at 01:04pm

> While I'm glad that you like ADE, unfortunately as you have undoubtedly already figured out we only support PDF and ePub for viewing and do not support viewing of Sony's .lrf (unencrypted) or .lrx (DRM protected). I don't think that will change anytime soon (but I'm just an engineer and have been wrong about product directions plenty of times).

Thanks for your helpful reply and ADE is a nice and handy reader.

But what about converting *.lrx (DRM protected). Is there just no way that isn't a violation of something, to convert *.lrx to pdf or some intermediary format that can be converted to pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 04, 2008 Jul 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sorry Harry,
I don't know of any tools for cracking Sony's DRM to do conversions, and even if I did it would be illegal (under the DMCA) for me to tell you about them.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines