• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lost my library, activation failure

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2008 Jul 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lost about half my ebook library when I installed the first Digital Editions. My Adobe Reader 7.0 still "sees" them but gives me the "you don't own it" message now. The older Digital Editions didn't "see" them.

Updated to 1.5 and picked up two that the older version didn't see but that's it.

Most of the ebooks I can't open are older Amazon downloads but they were downloaded to the same laptop that I'm still using.

Losing half my ebook library is a huge loss for me. I live outside the U.S. and can't find many books in English.

Tried the activation process online and got this error message:
"Client User is not an EasyActivation user and can not be migrated to a full user.

Eden Info: (0X18) Client User is not an EasyActivation user and can not be migrated to a full user.

Adobe DRM Activator error (server code 27)
Fault location: 5"

How do I become a full user? Can I recover my books?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 08, 2008 Jul 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
it might be possible to get them back, but it really depends. Please open a Digital Editions 1.5 Technical Support case... please use the contact links at http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions.

when you get a case open report the case number back here and I'll put somebody on it.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines