• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DE's publisher metadata - where to enter it in Acrobat?

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2007 Jun 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We made some PDFs of books, using Acrobat. I'm looking at them in Digital Editions.

When I look at my Digital Editions "Library" in "View Items as List," there are columns for Title, Author, Publisher, Last Read, etc.

The Title and Author data comes straight from what we'd put into the PDF's "Document Properties" over in Acrobat--that's all populated fine in Digital Editions. But in Digital Editions, my PDFs all are listed as "Publisher Unknown."

I want to use Acrobat to put publisher data into my PDFs, so that it will show up over in the publisher column in Digital Editions. But where? How?

Thus far, I've tried (in Acrobat) to 1) populate other likely fields in the "Additional Metadata" in Document Properties, 2) add a Custom Property over in the Custom tab, and 3) upload additional metadata from an external file on the Advanced tab. I still get "Publisher Unknown" when I delete and reload the file in Digital Editions and look at the Publisher column.

Any ideas where Digital Editions is looking for this Publisher data in the PDF?

Thanks...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2007 Jul 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, at this time there is no way to get there from here. Publisher info can be added by the Adobe Content Server if the document is encrypted using ACS. But Acrobat doesn't have an easily accessible "publisher" field. You can try to add it via XMP, but DE doesn't support XMP (yet). We are hoping to resolve this in our next release later this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2009 Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We still have this problem. We add via XMP a publisher value without success (dc:publisher). this value is saved in the pdf file but don't appear when we open this file with ADE. When do you think that it would be possible to populate this field for PDF file ?
thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2009 Jul 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 years... Still no way to enter publisher metadata? 'Unknown Publisher' is very unkind.

Please do help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2009 Oct 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My research has shown that Adobe Digital Editions does not support Extensible Metadata Platform (XMP) at all. I really hope that it will get supported very soon! It is strange that the company that developed XMP does not use it them self in their own products.

For now you need to edit the manifest.xml in the My Digital Editions folder manually. Open the file with an XML editor, and specify the publisher like so: <dc:publisher>O'Reilly Media, Inc.</dc:publisher>.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines