1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 21, 2008 1:27 PM by Jim Lester

Message to update DE on Mac each time I open it

Level 1
      If I shut down DIgitial Editions and then re-open it. I alway get the black box with the message "There is a new version of Adobe Digital Editions available. To continue using Adobe Digital Editions you must download the update." I then follow the instructions by clicking "launch" and then "yes" on the installer. Now I can open files I'm playing with in DE. I must have done this about 15 times already. Why doen't the update stick after closing DE or am I not getting the update at all?

I'm using an IMac with Mac OS 10.4.11. I'm playing with free downloaded files and I've tried adapting an OeB to ePub and made a simple epub test file so learn how it's done. I also have an old PC with windows XP on which Digital Editions seems to work fine.
        • 1. Re: Message to update DE on Mac each time I open it
          Jim Lester Level 4
          Don,
          One of two things probably happened.

1.) When this happens to me it is usually because I moved my copy of ADE from it's normal place (~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/www.macromedia.com/bin/digitaleditions1x5 ) to someplace else - ADE will always reinstall itself there.

2.) You are using the alias we put into the applications folder (because the actual path is so horrendous) and when the upgrade happens the alias didn't get updated. In this case delete the alias - or retarget it to the above path.

Hope this helps
          --
          Jim Lester
          Adobe Systems.