• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloaded wrong format

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2008 Aug 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've become so used to everything I wanted to be available in ADE format that I got sloppy and raced through the download at ebooks.com only to find the book is only available in mobipocket or microsoft reader.

When I attempt to download the book I paid for, I get a message about not having given a `pid' which appears to be something related to Mobipocket reader. And in fact the reader choice was apparently set to mobipocket by default for this book.

Can anyone tell me how to get straightened out here without having to pay all over again. The book is `The Dead Yard' by Adrian McKinty. It appears to be only available in mobipocket or microsoft readers. At least at ebooks.com.

MobiPocket is not going to be useful for me but maybe I can read it with the MS reader if its a free download.

Anyway, cutting to the chase can anyone advise me how to proceed or am I going to have to mess around calling the folks and ebooks.com?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2008 Aug 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Mr Putnam,

Sorry to have taken so long to get back to you; I just saw your post on the Adobe Forum.

I'm not sure why 'The Dead Yard' isn't available on eBooks.com in Adobe format... looking into that.

In the meantime, I've swapped the format of the book in your account to MS Reader format. Just click the download link in your account and follow the onscreen instructions. It should work fine for you. Do let us know if you experience any difficulties with this.

Best wishes,

Stephen Cole
CEO
http://www.ebooks.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2008 Aug 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
<help@ebooks.com> writes:<br /><br />> Dear Mr Putnam,<br />><br />> Sorry to have taken so long to get back to you; I just saw your post<br />> on the Adobe Forum.<br />><br />> I'm not sure why 'The Dead Yard' isn't available on eBooks.com in<br />> Adobe format... looking into that.<br />><br />> In the meantime, I've swapped the format of the book in your account<br />> to MS Reader format. Just click the download link in your account and<br />> follow the onscreen instructions. Is should work fine for you. Do let<br />> us know if you experience any difficulties with this.<br />><br />[...]<br /><br />Stephan, Thanks for your response and helpful action with the switch.<br /><br />Just for the record, I said MobiPocket would not be useful for me but<br />later leaned that they supply a free version for the PC too.<br /><br />I got hold of it and just read my original download with MobiPocket on<br />my pc.<br /><br />Your solution also works ... thanks again..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines