1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 2, 2008 2:16 PM by BWolfe [ADOBE]

Books Lost in Digital Editions

I recently purchased an e-book and had to refer to it immediately. I added the book to my library and it all worked fine.

I needed it on my laptop as well so I decided to authorize the computers but then realized that the book was registered to another account (the non-account that existed before I authorized) and it cannot be accessed.

Is there a way to re-associate the file with my the authorized account?

I cannot re-download the file as it says it has already been used.

Thanks in advance,

Luis
        • 1. Re: Books Lost in Digital Editions
          BWolfe [ADOBE] Level 3
          You can't re-associate the book.. What you have to do is reauthorize Digital Editions using the original account..

If you purchased the book and added it to an AdobeID authorized ADE 1.5, then you can go back.

If you purchased the book with anonymous activation then there is nothing we can do to help you at this point. There is absolutely no portability with anoymous activation.. In which case you'd be forced to contact the publisher and attempt to have another download released to you.

So let's assume that you originally had ADE authorized as Adobe ID "LuisG". But then you moved everything to computer B and authorized with "Luis2". In that case you could de-activate ADE (control-shift-D) and reactivate it with your LuisG account.

Those are the options as I see them...

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
          Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
          Adobe