• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DRM ERROR I CAN'T READ MY E-BOOKS

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2008 Sep 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the following error when I tried to read my e-books bought from Amazon in years 2003 and 2004

Adobe DRM Error
System: 8
State: 4
Class: 65603
Code: 147
VE error 147
--- end ---

Somebody knows the solution? It's very frustrating pay for them and can not read them for software problems. Adobe Latinamerica support conclude that these books are not compatible with Digital Editions!!! it's incredible why not?

Their solution was to re-install Adober Reader 6, but it doesn't work either. Amazon said they discontinued their e-book library.

HELP PLEASE!! How can get a real solution and not only excuses!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 05, 2008 Sep 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please open a support web case and we'll try to determine the cause of the DRM error.<br /><br />To open a Digital Editions 1.5 Technical Support case, please use the contact links at http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions. If you do choose to open a case please include a link to this discussion so the agent can see what I wrote..<br /><br />I don't know that there's any such thing as a 'no compatible' ebook. It is, however, possible to screw up the book's activations in such a way that it's then unreadable. <br /><br />So, looking at some internal docs, it looks like Voucher Engine error 147 only occurs with Acrobat reader 6, 7 or Digital Editions 1.0. <br /><br />The problem you are seeing is due, unfortunately, to corruption of your vouchers. The solution is to remove the old vouchers and create new ones.<br />o Exit Digital Editions <br />o Delete the folder Documents and Settings/<username>/Application Data/Adobe/Digital Editions/Voucher. <br />o Also delete the file manifest.xml in your My Digital Editions folder. <br />o Restart Digital Editions<br /> <br />Digital Editions should re-migrate your books and you should be able to open it again. IIf you bought your books using Acrobat or Reader, then you are done. For books bought with Adobe Digital Editions, you will need to re-download your books. Most vendors are happy to allow this.<br /><br />Again, if you're using ADE 1.5 you're -not- supposed to have this problem. But these are the pioneering days of ebooks, and as with all pioneers, sometimes there are problems.<br /><br />Regards,<br /><br />Bentley Wolfe<br />Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions<br />Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2008 Sep 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your prompt answer, however the problem is not solved.

I ran the process you recommended but when I add the e-book a windows appears with the following message: Authorizing content, then after a few seconds appears the same error again:

Adobe DRM Error
System: 8
State: 4
Class: 65603
Code: 147
--- end ---

Have you got any other solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 08, 2008 Sep 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote above, please open a case..

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2008 Dec 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fernando, did you get any help?
I have exactly the same problem, identical error codes.
I open a case two months ago, have got 6-7 'answers' but no solution still.

Jan B, Sweden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2009 May 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone gotten an answer to this problem. I have an ebook I bought from Amazon I got a while ago and I can't

read it with reader anymore. I get a similar error

Adobe DRM Error
System:  8
State:  4
Class:  65603
Code:  147
VE error 147
--- end ---

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2009 Jul 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow... thats cool... I also have a program that its called "reader" but doesn't read my old ebooks :s I'm installing some others programs right now *sad*. I'm not giving any names, but I if you put something like "free pdf reader" something will appear in google

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines