1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 16, 2009 4:44 PM by clbeech

Rollover for checkbox component

Rothrock Level 5
      I'm working with the CheckBox component for making a quiz. I've got CB components labeled A, B, C, etc. with a textfield next to them with the various possible answers. I want to have it so that the user can rollover or click the answer text to check off their answers just as if they had hit the tiny little check box.

I've got the checking/unchecking part working. But I would also like for rolling over the text to provide the same visual feedback as moving the pointer over the checkbox. And here I run into a dead end. I can't quite figure out how to do this.

Poking around a bit I found that if I set the checkboxes phase to rollover and invalidate() it I will see the result I expect. But I'm not sure if that is causing other problems.

Anybody know the "right" way to do this?
        • 1. Re: Rollover for checkbox component
          clbeech Level 3
          wow rock - i suppose that you don't want to make the field into a MC and use handlers for every one of them - and I'm betting that you've built a dynamically propagated system. thought about skinning them? with the field - seems like you'd have to modify the base class then though. but I'm not sure how that would work either - might be able to extend the class to handle text entry into the field and maybe a glow filter to simulate the halo effect? i don't know - just throwin stuff out there :)