• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF opens with text & colors, no pictures..

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2007 Jun 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a guide from FilePlanet which is in partnership with Adobe I deduced, because there is absolutely no other way to open any of their files except with Digital Editions, and their website tells you directly that this is the only program that will open their files. Once you download it, you cannot redownload it. This is for all strategy guides and other magazines they offer for downloads.

I downloaded 2 guides and I already had Acrobat Reader 8, all up to date with Adobe Updater (since I use Photoshop all the time), and I installed DE, it opens the guides fine but there is just words, all the pictures of games and what not are not there, it's just words and layout colors and patterns. And I'm 90% positive even not all the words are there.

Any ideas? p.s. I am running on a Windows machine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 30, 2007 Jun 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely this is because FilePlanet is using one of the image formats that DE doesn't support (JBIG2 or JPEG2000 - see the answer to "Which PDF features are not supported by Digital Editions" in the

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2007 Jul 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Getting the same thing myself, from the looks of the disclaimers on FilePlanet's site now, they suspect it affects all of their eGuides.

Of the four I have, 2 work, 2 don't.

Girls of Anime Volume 1, And Play Magazine Girls of Gaming Issue 3 both fail to render graphics.

Girls of Gaming 1/2 [combined], and Girls of Gaming 4 both appear to render properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines